App store
Chipman64

I evidently delete the App Store app on my phone. How do I get it back.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: App store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see you downloading again, Chipman64!  The final step would be a Restore via iTunes. Here is a link with additional instructions: hhttp//wwwwvverizonwirelesscom/support/knowledge-base-40034/
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The App Store can't be deleted.

Open settings, general, and turn off restrictions

0 Likes
Chipman64

So where is my widget after I do that. It's still not on any of my screens

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've seen this issue occur on early versions of iOS 8 and iOS 9. A symptom is the application icon not appearing anywhere on the home screen (including in folders) but the app can still be opened by searching for the app in Spotlight

If you are not up to date on your OS updates, and your restrictions are turned off from settings, please check for the latest updates to your phone and install them. These updates will validate that the system apps are present, not damaged, and will replace the icon.

Please let us know if that doesn't help.

0 Likes
Chipman64

I am updated. And I couldn't find it with spotlight.

I am currently doing a backup to iCloud. Then Verizon help wants me to try a reset to factory settings.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Chipman64

The only thing that is still there is iTunes Store and iBooks

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chipman64 –
The Lost and Found is here to help you. Having the App Store icon on your device is a must. Please go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout. Your device will power Off/On. Check and the App Store icon should be there.
JacobV_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this. Back up your device using iTunes. Then, turn it off. Turn it back on by holding the power button and home buttons for around 10-15 seconds, until the phone reboots and shows the iTunes logo. When this occurs, with the device still connected to the computer, iTunes will appear showing two options - Restore and Update. Hit the "Update" button. This will re-install iOS without deleting any of your data, and should in theory help bring back those icons.

Otherwise proceed with the factory reset. If the problem resurfaces after restoring from Backup, then we'll have to improvise a fix.

0 Likes
Chipman64

Sorry That didn't work.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see you downloading again, Chipman64!  The final step would be a Restore via iTunes. Here is a link with additional instructions: hhttp//wwwwvverizonwirelesscom/support/knowledge-base-40034/
YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes