Apple Care
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

I recently lost my iPhone 5s I paid the deductible they sent the replacement phone but it didn't work.  I was giving a hard time about getting a replacement for a replacement it took them three days to send it out. I'm still having problems with it Verizon don't care it's all about money. I contacting the BBBon both companies for now on I will be getting Apple care.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apple Care
mama23dogs
Legend

TThere are 2 options Apple care or Apple Care plus.  Apple care plus covers accidental damage.  AppleCare+ for iPhone - Apple

0 Likes
nancynurs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with you!  The best thing to do is change your provider.  Wait til you hear what they did to me!  I got Century Link for my TV and internet, and they gave me a "free" Verizon Eclipse 7 tablet.  I never had a tablet before, so I called VZW to ask a few questions about the tablet.  My mobile bill is usually $51/month.  My next bill came in, and it was over $300, so I called VZW to find out why my bill was so high!  They told me there would be a $37 installation charge, and they then told me they raised my bill because they increased my data package.  I told them my tablet is connected to my wifi, and according to the billing statement, I only used 3% of the data package.  They told me that's too bad, I'm locked into a 2 year contract!  I told them I want my money refunded, and I will send them back the tablet, because I never signed any contract, I didn't authorize a change in data package, I don't even like the tablet, and they can have it back.  I only used it a few times, because I'd rather use my iPhone and laptop. They told me I didn't have to send the tablet back, but I could cancel the tablet contract and just pay a $350+ cancellation fee. In other words they told me to go fuck myself!  I told them I don't have any extra money, I am disabled and on a very low fixed income. They told me I could spread the cancellation fee over 8 months.  I just finished paying them off.  I feel like I've been battered, abused and raped by VZW!  As soon as my cell phone contract is over, I'm changing my provider!  We should all start a class action suit against them!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You may have gotten a $10/month 2 year contract for the tablet, but the data can be changed at any time, and you are not locked into an amount based on any contract. You can go back to your previous data, and your bill will only be $10 per month more for the tablet. You will end up paying $240 for the "free" tablet, but that is the only thing that needs to be different

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The early termination fee on a tablet is not $350+.  It is only $175 and you keep the tablet.

THey do not change your wireless data package without permission.

THis story doesn't wash with me......

BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

I have Apple car plus which pay a monthly fee of $8.23 and its transferable. If pay full price for Apple Care its not transferable.

0 Likes