Apple Upgrade Program - "The phone number you entered cannot be upgraded"
lauram93

Hi I want to enroll in the Apple Upgrade Program for the iPhone 7 but when I try it says "The phone number you entered cannot be upgraded. This may be due to a feature, line, or device change pending on your account. Please contact Verizon Wireless at 1-888-866-6924 for more information." When I call that number it's giving me options for Verizon Employees and indirect agents only. I called the VZW main customer service number and it's over 10 min wait time so meanwhile I started searching Google for possible reasons. I read somewhere in this forum that someone had a similar issue a few years back and it was because they had just added a data increase to their plan and turned out they had to wait until their next billing cycle to upgrade.

I just upped my data last Wednesday so it sounds like I have a similar issue. Can someone from Verizon please reach out to me to check my account and confirm? Why do I have to wait until my next billing cycle and if so, can you give me the exact date I can place the order??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apple Upgrade Program - "The phone number you entered cannot be upgraded"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lauram93,

Getting a new phone is exciting and we're happy to help. It is indeed possible that a future dated change in your account could be the cause, but the good news is that you do not have to wait. If you have placed a future dated order for a plan change you would simply need to cancel that order, place the order for your phone, and you could then replace the order for your plan change.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-calling-plan-video/

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lauram93,

Getting a new phone is exciting and we're happy to help. It is indeed possible that a future dated change in your account could be the cause, but the good news is that you do not have to wait. If you have placed a future dated order for a plan change you would simply need to cancel that order, place the order for your phone, and you could then replace the order for your plan change.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-calling-plan-video/

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lauram93

That worked thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very happy to hear that this was resolved for you, lauram93. It is important to us you have the best phone for your needs and we hope you enjoy the order.

Please reach back out to us for any other questions or concerns. Have a great day.

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes