Apple Upgrade
WELOVEDOGS

I went online to possibly upgrade my Iphone 7 for the Iphone 8 plus that was on sale for 1/2 off. Jennifer (a rep @ Verizon online) asked if I needed help. I asked her if I could take advantage of the sale and upgrade my phone. She said yes and she would help me with the order. I asked her several times on details of the cost etc. She confirmed price and cost per month. It was late at night and I was online for awhile at this point. She asked me to sign some paperwork which I did. After everything was complete I went to my account and noticed she ordered me the Iphone X which was twice as much as I pay now. That isn't what I wanted. I immediately called and spoke to Emily. She said I had to wait until the next day and she would call me back which she did. However, at that call she said I needed to wait 24 hours in order to cancel the order. She said she would call me between 8:00 and 8:30 pm that evening. She never did. So, I called Verizon and spoke to David. He said I waited too long to try to cancel but he would put in "ticket" for me and he would get it cancelled and refund my credit card that I used to pay whatever fee Jennifer said I needed to pay.

The next day I got an email that said it was shipped. Once again Verizon representatives didn't have a clue what they are doing. I had enough so I went to the local Verizon store. He told me I do not qualify for the 1/2 sale on the Iphone 8. I need to pay my phone off entirely. This is the first time I have been told this. When I got the phone the rep at Verizon said once I paid at lest 1/2 of the phone off I could upgrade. I paid 60% of the phone off at this point. He tried to call Verizon call center to get it cancelled and couldn't. It has already been sent. He told me I can return it but I am on a new contract and I will be charge a $35 restock fee. FOR SOMETHING THAT WASN'T MY DOING. I am very unimpressed. I am considering switching to a new carrier as soon as I am able. I am not impressed.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apple Upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are provided with the best service as a customer. After that experience I would feel the same way as well. With regard to the account we would need to review what was completed and see what options you may have regarding the account order. Please respond to the private message we have sent you for additional review. 

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Apple Upgrade
WELOVEDOGS

Just got a notification that the phone is still being shipped. Seems like there was plenty of time to cancel this order since it has been 2 weeks! Also, my bill has increased due to this. I am not happy at all. No one has gotten back to me regarding this. Not very good customer service.

0 Likes