Re: Apple Watch 3 - Cellular Won’t Set Up- Says No Sim
CHAKMAKFAM

I see "no sim" following those directions.  I have and EID, MEID, Modem firmware, but ICCID has "No SIM"

0 Likes
LINBUR3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please try to talk to supervisors if you are having trouble. I finally got my watch to work, but it was 3 days and over 4 hours on the phone, plus an initial trip to the Verizon store who sent me to the  Apple store (City Mac). I have filed a complaint with BBB. This is a Verizon issue.

I got this back from cersSOExecutiveRelations@VerizonWireless.com. Do NOT let them charge you for initial setup.

Good Afternoon Ms. Burns,

Thank you for taking the time to write to Verizon Executive Relations. I want to first apologize about the issues you have had with the activation of the Apple Watch. I can say that we had issues with activations of the watch between 9/24/17 – 10/1/17. I wish our representatives would have communicated that other customer’s were going through this as well. Also, we do offer free activation of the watch for a promotional time. Again, I am so sorry about your experience overall with the activation and hope we can regain your trust and your business in the on coming future, especially before the iPhone X! If you have any other questions about this issue, please feel free to reply back to this email or call me.

Thanks,

Dion M

Verizon Executive Relations

0 Likes
ttiger10
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue as well. Spent hours on the phone and chatting online to Verizon reps and no one can get my watch to connect to cellular. Last conversation with Verizon, they informed me that they were putting a ticket in for me. Is there any way to get this resolved ASAP? Have someone call me who knows about this issue and resolve it for me? Because everytime I call and speak to someone they have never heard of this issue (which is seems to be very common) and they walk me through the same steps that previous Verizon reps have already tried. I don't have time to be calling Verizon and be on the phone for long amounts of time. Someone with knowledge of this issue needs to call me and resolve it!

0 Likes
CHAKMAKFAM

Just so everyone knows, the My Verizon account has the ICCID listed on it that is missing on the phone.  So in fact the Verizon knows which watch I have (and which sim "card" is built in) but the watch doesn't reflect (or know) that it is connected through that hardware.

I did a hard reset of the apple watch and went through all the screens again.  this is ridiculous. 

I'd call but I don't have a 3 hour slot (as some have mentioned) to sit around and try things.  Apple and Verizon should have tested this thoroughly before subjecting us to this.

0 Likes
CHAKMAKFAM

continued...

I read somewhere in this thread that you should turn your wifi off on your cell phone so that the watch can hit the cell tower via the phone to do whatever.  Now doing all that, the "no sim" in the about screen on the cell phone now has the ICCID correctly.  However, I turned my phone off after the watch was fully restored and connected and still could not receive a call.  When I looked at the "Cellular" item in settings on the watch, it still says "No Sim" and status "No connection"

0 Likes
CrappleUser

Honestly, I went through the whole thing you are... when I made it to the tier 2 Apple tech (i was transferred from Verizon) they flat out advised the SIM chip as defective. While some of the issues do lay on Verizon for the “advanced network”, there is also a batch of Series 3s that went out defective from the factory.

0 Likes
CHAKMAKFAM

Ok this is wacky.  So I turned my phone off.  I saw that the watch had connected via the friendly wifi.  I hit the airplane mode (on the watch).  Then I immediately turned it back on.  Suddenly I saw bubbles where the wifi symbol had been.  I used another phone to call my iPhone (which is off) and voi la my watch began to ring.

As I had done a similar experiment (up to but not including airplane mode) twice before today in the middle of my debug efforts, I can only think that there was a delay connecting the account to the watch.  When I go for a run tomorrow morning, I'll report back if I was able to see the watch in cell mode.

0 Likes
CHAKMAKFAM

Well....

Spoke too soon.  When I went out for my run this morning, I got the no sim message right when I was no longer near my home wifi.  I think I'm going to have to call into Verizon...but I really don't have the time to spend 3 hours debugging this.

0 Likes
Techlvr

I finally had success yesterday! The Verizon agent said that she was going to have the line that the watch is assigned deactivated and then activated again. Sure enough when I tried setting up the phone again cellular kicked in. She said that she was going to place this "how to activate the watch" in the Verizon System for other tech support to see it and follow what she did.Good luck to you in getting your watch to work the way it should have right from the start!Best,John

0 Likes
JEMONER

After many attempts in asking tech support to try different methods, I am still without cellular on the watch. The watch will be sent back tomorrow. I am going to wait for vzw to figure it out.

0 Likes