Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Re: Apple Watch 3 - Cellular Won’t Set Up- Says No Sim
METALGEARBASS

Mine was purchased through Verizon and I'm having the same issue. It activated for a day and then nothing. I contacted Verizon last Thursday and they tried creating a new line and activating the watch on the new line. I don't know what the tech support did but he 'switch locked' the number. I essentially can't do anything until the error clears. They initially gave me a 24 hour window and when i called back they said it would be 48 hours. Now we're 5 days in and every tech representative who 'escalates' this issue seems to be dodging my calls with follow ups (which have never happened by the way) and i'm still having issues. I've never had any issues with customer service prior to this but this experience has been the worst. I'm getting all my devices straight from Apple from here on out.

0 Likes
STEPHBROOKS

I’m having the same problem!!! Everything activated correctly on my Apple Watch except cellular!! I’ve been in contact with 4 Verizon reps, 2 in store reps and one Apple rep. The Apple rep says it has nothing to do with them. Verizon says my SIM card is defective and I need a new one... well, the SIM card isn’t replaceable. It’s built into the phone. Don’t let them tell you to go to a VZW store and get a replacement. You’re wasting your time. Please let me know if anyone finds an actual fix for this!! I’m extremely upset that I’ve talked to so many reps and still don’t have an answer. I have been talked to like garbage from reps and I’m sick of it.

0 Likes
JOHMAC35

Similar problem here. Activated the watch Monday, and it seemed to work fine when I added the watch to Verizon. Tested Tuesday, found that it hadn't paired with Verizon. Went to the Verizon app, which seemed to trigger something, as I then received a text message that the watch had been added to my account. Went for a run, and the watch only indicated "no sim" and "no connection."  Restarted the watch, logged back into Verizon, and suddenly had a sim a connection!  Went for a run, and once the watch was out of range of my wifi and phone, it indicated that I was on Verizon - but status was "not connected."  This remained for about 30 minutes, and eventually it did connect, and I was able to send a receive text messages.  (I haven't tried using it as a phone.)  Got home, and once the watch was in range of my wifi and phone, it returned to no sim, no connection.

I have no idea what's going on, but the launch of this thing is a mess.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JOHMAC35,

We want you to be able to enjoy your new Apple Watch. Allow us to help. To clarify, when your watch says "no sim and no connection", is the watch inoperable?

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GABSTE69

I am having the exact same issue and I have had the watch since day 1 of its release. I have literally spent at the very least 12 hours on the phone with Verizon over the course of the almost 2 weeks I've had the watch and they keep transferring back and forth between their departments (Tech, Telesales, customer service) They even came to the conclusion that the watch was defective and I took it to apple and had them replace it with a bran new watch which is having the exact same symptoms. This to me says the problem is on Verizon's end. This has been infuriating to deal with and after all of it Verizon has offered no real resolutions for me and just keep point at different departments or Apple, despite me already having gone through EVERY department. I would love to hear if anyone thinks they have the way to fix the "No Sim" and no connection to cellular.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, ttiger10. I know this is important for you. We value your time, and we want to help you with these issues you are having with activating your watch. I have sent you a Private Message so we can continue to work on this together and get additional information. I look forward to hearing back from you.

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
METALGEARBASS

What about me, Verizon? What about my needs?!

0 Likes
ANTEST68

Verizon finally was able to push my activation through and successfully activate my watch to their network. My watch is finally connected. Once I got the call that my watch was activated I still had to go through the set up on the watch app. Once it said it was activated, the watch changed from stating ‘no sim’ to Verizon under the PLAN and ‘connected’ under STATUS.

It took two attempts with Verizon IT to get it to work. I just wanted to update everyone still waiting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

GABSTE69, I'm saddened to hear you are also experiencing issues with activating your device. I apologize it has taken this long, and I would like an opportunity to look into this further. I have sent you a Private Message so we can work on this together and get additional information. I look forward to hearing back from you.

GersonG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ttiger10

What did they do differently this time that enabled it to work? Because I received my AW3 last Friday and every time I call or chat with Verizon reps, they are unable to "push thru the activation" for whatever reason. Just curious - if they mentioned that they tried anything differently?