Re: Apple Watch 3 - Cellular Won’t Set Up- Says No Sim
DMCCABE

I figured by now (3-4 months after launch) all the issues with Apple Watch activation would have long since been resolved.

Apparently not.

I had the same problems as most everyone else in this thread.

The Verizon customer service person told me the watch was broken.

I was skeptical, but to rule that out, I returned it and got another one.

Same problem!

With the second watch, I called telesales, not customer service.

And, I happened to get lucky and got a super motivated super diligent agent.

After 45 minutes of him struggling with tech support on the back end he finally got it working.

(Nothing for me to do during that time, except wait - in fact, I was actually reading the paper for most of it)

The solution was to remove the insurance on the account, then activate the line, then reactivate the insurance.

For future searchers - if you find yourself with this problem, and you have insurance, that could be your problem.

0 Likes
STEGOO26

I am having the same frustrating issue (can't connect cellular, status is "No Sim") and have been through everything with tech help on the phone as well as what I have seen work from some people in this forum.  Nothing has worked for me and other forums (i.e. Apple) indicate this is an activation protocol issue at Verizon which correlates to the glaring issue of my watch showing twice in "My Devices" with the same IMEI yet different Device IDs and different phone numbers.  which on 1/5/17 tech help stated would be corrected within 24 hrs. It still isn't.  More communication through the Tech Coach App they had me d'load have also been very unresponsive. I hope customer support can get me some help and have Tech Help department to at least do what they said they would do which was delayed because they think me ordering a new line the same day I complained about a preexisting problem may be the cause.   At this point, I really don't need to be on the phone and be continually thanked for my patience.

Thanks

Steve

0 Likes
michelles_vzw
Verizon Employee

STEGOO26, we understand the importance of ensuring your device is up and running at all times. Since you purchased the Apple iWatch Series 3, have you been able to use the device without issues? What make and model iPhone are you attempting to pair the watch with?

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WILJON38

Just recently purchased a Apple Watch and I'm experiencing the same problem.  I can pair the device with my phone, but can not seem to activate the LTE.  I have the same "no sim" error.  Just tried calling verizon, but could not get anyone knowledagable about the product to help me.  Tech support told me to return the device to the local store because this was a known problem.  Can this be fixed?  Why is Verizon continuing to sell these devices if it is a known problem?  Really disappointed in Verizon at this point...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
WILJON38

Both the phone and the Watch are running on the latest software.  Carrier bundle is also higher than 29.1.  whats next?

0 Likes
CHERYLR2

I am having the same problem. Spent 2 days going back and forth between apple and Verizon. Still do not have Internet service. Apple claims they know nothing about this, however this has been an issue since it was launched in the fall. Not sure if all these people have fixed their problem. I am still unsure if I should return it or not. Verizon seems to not know how to fix it. I spoke with several different technicians and now I'm told that a ticket has been created and I just have to "wait"!!!!! You spend $500.00 on a product that doesn't work and your told to wait! Is ther a fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WILJON38,

Making sure we get your awesome Apple Watch 3 to work as it should is extremely important. I'm sorry that we haven't found the fix just yet. Your troubleshooting with us is greatly appreciated. I have sent you a Private Message so that I can gather much-needed information to assist you further. Please reply to me in the Private Message to continue.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHERYLR2

Still having trouble

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 10:20 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHERYLR2

We're sorry to that you're having issues with your Apple Watch and internet services. Allow us to take a closer look. For us to fully assist, respond to the private message.

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes