I haven't been able to self-activate my new Apple Watch.
The activation process keeps showing an error of : "HTTP/1.1 Service Unavailable".
- Apple Watch Series 6 with cellular
- Both iPhone X and Apple watch have up-to-date software
- The watch has been set up and paired with the phone, and is connected to wifi
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the Apple Watch app on my phone
- Select Cellular Setup
- I see a brief page that says something about redirecting to Verizon for login
- I never get a login page for Verizon
- The screen displays a gray bar at the top with the word "Verizon" in the middle, and a "cancel" at the top right in the gray bar. Below this is a blank white page with the message: "HTTP/1.1 Service Unavailable" and nothing else.
I tried multiple times, last night and this morning, so this problem has been persistent over the last 12 hours at least.
I eventually called Verizon support, and they were able to manually activate me.
However, there's clearly a server somewhere that's down that nobody knows about.
The Verizon support person said that everything looked fine on their end, and that they didn't know of any network outages or other known issues that would cause this.
MisterRed, thank you so much for bringing this issue to our attention. I'm happy to learn that you got someone that was able to get the Watch activated for you. Is everything on the watch working as expected now? KevinR_VZW
I have the exact same problem as well and was only able to activate thru chat. Another Verizon customer posted on Reddit about it so it is definitely a Verizon issue. I had this going on since Friday and it still hasn't been fixed. I know because I swap between watches and still can self activate and getting the same error. Verizon needs to know they have an issue and it needs to be fixed.