Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Activation Troubles (Apple Store Direct Purchase)
LINBUR3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having activation problems with watch connecting to Verizon. They need MEID number and cellular number for their database to activate watch. watch does not work that way, gets cellular number after activation. I have been working with Apple and Verizon for 2 days now. First at the Verizon store who sent me to the Apple store (CityMac) and then by phone. Still not resolved. I have been told that Apple only sells Wifi watches and to return it to Apple and buy from Verizon to get it to work. But ATT does not seem to be having these issues. I have also been told different monthly and activation prices.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. While there are VZW reps that roam this community and respond to threads, it is guaranteed that they will respond to every post nor are their responses immediate.

There was a rep that responded earlier in the thread, but it was a COMMUNITY MEMBER that provided the real reason for the activation issue. Until Apple corrects it, everyone is waiting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy your new watch and I will be more than glad to help, sacbut34. Apple Watch 3 activations should be processing normally at this time. Are you still experiencing difficulties activating your watch? If so, please complete the “Set up cellular service for this device” step. You may have to complete this step twice.

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

geneous
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is still not working. I have the old nationwide plan. Please help.

0 Likes
FALLINGSTAR76

When I try adding my Watch by entering the IMEI number online I get the message that says it can’t be added and to call the 800 number. When I try to Set up Cellular via the Apple Watch app on my iPhone 7, it says “Verizon does not currently support Apple Watch.” What the heck!

0 Likes
STEYIM42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to the Verizon store and they activate mine. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine still won’t activate after trying to “Set up cellular” twice

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's two times too many, mfc1963. Tell me a bit more about your purchase. Where did buy it? Is this a wi-fi only device?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BILLYBENTEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

@DavidH_VZW

i purchased my Apple Watch 3 through the Verizon website preorder. It’s the watch 3 with LTE. I have tried to set up cellular ovEr 10 times since I got the device on Friday. I had done everything VZW support had told me, including resetting the device and going Through the set up process several times. In speaking with the tech at support, they said everything looked correct on their end, they had then sent me over to Apple support who said it was a known issue and they were working on a fix, with no eta for completion. its a bit frustrating and disappointment.

0 Likes
mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

David, I preordered/purchased through Verizon by phone.  At the time of the order, they converted my plan to Unlimited because they said it was necessary to support the watch.  They also added the watch to the plan.  So I don’t think they sent me a wifi-only watch (and I’m not even sure that Verizon sells them)

0 Likes