Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Activation Troubles (Apple Store Direct Purchase)
mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't believe that AndrewT_VZW is correct.  From what I read, the watch does get its own phone # but Verizon uses something called "NumberShare" so that calls to your phone also get directed to the watch

0 Likes
pjfla

My understanding as well.

0 Likes
mfc63
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I had a satisfying discussion with an Apple representative today.  It was in 2 parts as I needed to end the 1st call because of a work commitment.  I was discouraged at first as he seemed to be unaware that the problem that we are dealing with is pervasive, and he wanted to try some "one off" approaches to solve the issue (such as doing a factory reset on my phone).  But by the time that I spoke to him this afternoon for the second time, he had spoken to some of his colleagues and determined that this needed to be escalated to engineering.  He even initiated a 3-way call with Verizon to make sure that everything was set properly on their end in terms of my plan -- I think that this is encouraging as this means he can't pass the buck back to them.

So I am cautiously optimistic - only cautious because I am sure that this had already been escalated to engineering @ Apple but optimistic because I now have a point of contact and won't have to start at the beginning everytime I call.  Unfortunately, my contact is off tomorrow and Thurs but he is scheduled to call me back on Friday with an update.  I am willing to wait for a resolution as long as I know that one is being worked on.  As always, I will keep you all posted.

Hope this helps, if only for morale.

- Mitch

0 Likes
GWLAXMOM

I couldnt activate on my own either (pre-ordered direct from Apple). Had to call verizon’s 800# for help. The rep I talked to asked me which phone number it would be shared with so I told him my cell#. he then told me i would be charged a $30 activation fee, but I would be credited store credit for the $30. I figured that sounded simple enough. He got everything all set up, but I do see when I look at my devices now on my acct that I do have a separate line now for my watch. The rep never mentioned that to me at all. it must be paired though, because any calls coming to my phone # are going to my watch. The new cell# that’s assigned to my watch just caught me by surprise. i guess I’ll wait until the dust settles a bit and more Verizon support personnel understand how this is all supposed to work before I call to sort out the extra #. for now, I’m happy that my cellular calls all go to my watch and I don’t have to be thethered to my iPhone any more, but I took Apple literally for their word that it would be the same phone number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to do everything within the scope of our ability to activate your Apple Watch, sacbut34. You indicate that you have a business account, and lamentably we do not have any access to business account and we cannot review your account to confirm options. Please call 800-922-0204 and your call will be routed to the team that has access to your account and the tools and resources to assist you further.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jbeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2
Finally had success!. It seams that the Telesales department knows how to set this up. All they needed was the IMEI (Watch App - General - About). If the person asks you for the ICCID (SIM), then they don't know how to do it (since the device says "No Sim"). I encourage you to call telesales. 800-256-4646. Mine is a business Account, but they transferred me to the business telesales. Done in less than 5 minutes (after 3 different attempts with different departments over the last 2 days).
0 Likes
pjfla

That’s encouraging, congrats! But I’m confused because all the reps I spoke with could see the SIM in their system although my AW says “no SIM”. So frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CrappleUser -

I am very sorry this is the experience that you had with your Apple Watch. We want nothing but the best experience for you. Were  you able to get this resolved? What can we do to help and turn your experience around?

EricaC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Maverick84

Also finally had success!

-Chase Burton

0 Likes
pjfla

What route did you take Maverick?  Still no luck here.

0 Likes