Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Activation Troubles (Apple Store Direct Purchase)
AlexL9

I am having the exact same issue. And I have been on the phone with 3-4 Verizon reps, and followed their 'trouble shooting checklist' numerous times, which took up to 6 hours in total already. And some of them don't seem to know what they are talking about.

One of them asked me if 'there was a sim card that came in with your apple watch box.' When I tried to explain it to her that there is no such thing as 'a sim card in the box', and that the 'sim' module in the watch would automatically be activated when cellular service becomes available. She was very much offended and told me that she knew how a sim card worked, and that Apple obviously forgot to install a sim card into my watch and that's why it is not working. And she told me to take my watch back to Apple and have them

'put a sim card into my watch'.

I went to Apple, as that seemed to be the only option available. And Apple said there was nothing wrong with the watch and I had to speak with Verizon again. So that became the last straw, as the rep made me run through the whole trouble shooting checklist all over again.

I have decided to close my Verizon account. As I don't see this issue being resolved, and I don't see them even try. Anyone could read off a checklist. I wish this wasn't all the training Verizon is giving their tech support. What a joke.

0 Likes
POGGI747

You did the right thing. After having spent hours, and speaking to 5 techs, the one even  told me to contact Apple Care to return the watch. I was ready to walk away from Verizon. Called one last time, finally got thru to someone who knew what they were doing. She got my cellular connected on my Apple Watch finally. Am hoping my Apple Watch lasts, I don’t plan on going thru this again. Should I need to replace the watch, so long Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your watch. Allow us the chance to mend this as we don’t want to lose you over this. I know how I depend on my devices for just about everything So I understand the importance of getting this resolved. I will be sending you private message so that we can get to bottom of this as quickly as possible.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
POGGI747

my watched is fixed after 2 weeks of tech calls, leave it alone. thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

POGGI747 wrote:

my watched is fixed after 2 weeks of tech calls, leave it alone. thank you.

The VZW rep was responding to AlexL9 and not you, POGGI747.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ZANMIL56

I’m also having a similar issue getting my Apple Watch set up. I have had reps try to tell me it is an AT&T Watch. But that doesn’t exist. I have confirmed with Apple that all of my information is correct and able to be used on a Verizon network but still can’t get it set up over the phone or through the app.

0 Likes
DYLANDER

I am having the same issue but with a watch that came from T-Mobile. The Verizon rep had told me that “it just won’t work”. From my understanding, the Apple Watch series 3 will work on all major us carriers if it is a us model and that it is not locked to specific carrier. I was rather offended that the rep acted as though I had no clue as to what I was talking about. Regardless, this is an issue with Verizon and not the Apple Watch itself. If you switch carriers, you should be able to bring the watch over with you just fine. I think I might just ditch Verizon and go to a different carrier so I can actually make use of the money I paid for an lte watch....

0 Likes
DYLANDER

They can’t find the imei in their system... So there is no way to add it into the system? Smh....

0 Likes
natashaa_vzw
Verizon Employee
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be sad if you left us Dylander. I understand wanting to be able to use your watch on your phone with us. You should have no problem with getting this accomplished. Did our sales team say that there was no way to find the IMEI? I have sent you a private message.

AmberF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes