Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Activation Troubles (Apple Store Direct Purchase)
DYLANDER

They had told me that there was no way that it could be done and that it had to be a watch purchased through Verizon due to the fact that the one from T Mobile could not be used on Verizon’s network becaus the lte frequencies from the watch and Verizon’s network do not correspond with each other. Very misleading and frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to use such an awesome accessory, Dylan. Have you contacted Apple about this situation? If so, what did they say?

NicholeK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DYLANDER

I have and they told me that the watch is perfectly fine on their end and

that it shouldn’t be exclusive to just one of the carriers. So this has to

be something wrong on Verizon’s end.

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 11:58 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
NDfan131

Purchased AW3 from Apple Store this morning. Experienced the same cellular activation issues mentioned in many of the replies to the original post. After contacting Verizon customer service four different times I gave up bothering them and searched the topic online. After seeing a common theme regarding Verizon Telesales having success I tried calling.

The csr said the line added earlier in the day for my AW looked like the problem. He added a new line, moved my watch IMEI to that line and it worked after a restart of the watch. Had to be transferred to account services to have the original AW line removed from my account but that was easy.

So...not sure it will help everyone out there who was as frustrated as me but hoping it will help some of you. Contact Telesales, explain the issue and ask if they would be willing to add a new line and transfer your AW to it. Worth a shot.

0 Likes
caborts

I am having this apparently common issue.  I just noticed that the IMEI number on my watch and the one listed on My Verizon account do not match, while the ones for my iPhone and iPad do match.  COuld this be part of the issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

caborts, We're sorry to hear that activating your watch is taking so much of your time. If, there is a device mismatch this will certainly cause an issue with the activation. We recommend manually pairing the device. See: 

http://vz.to/2BqaYZZ

TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ADANIX76

After a month of tech support calls with no solution, I followed the steps followed by several people above and the problem is now resolved.  Fantastic!

Please do call customer support and tech support first, as some of the troubleshooting they go through may help resolve your particular issue.  If you're still unable to connect to cellular without your phone after that, they will tell you that someone from IT on the back end will call you back...but no one calls you back.  Everyone was trying to be helpful that I spoke to, they just did not know how to resolve this issue. In that case follow the steps outlined by NDfan131 above and call telesales at 800-256-4646.  Let them know the issue and ask them to set up a new phone line for your Apple Watch.  They'll then do a test by calling your number with your phone turned off to ensure it works.  Then they transfer you to customer service to cancel the old line.  Good luck everyone!

0 Likes