Apple Watch Series 3 Will Not Connect to Cellular
jimswife1437
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased the Apple Watch Series 3. It will connect to my iPhone 8 and wireless, but will not connect to cellular. I checked the community forums and noticed that several people have posted the same thing.  Has anyone gotten this resolved without getting a replacement watch? It's disheartening to pay for unlimited data & the charge for the line for the watch, but not get the use of cellular.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apple Watch Series 3 Will Not Connect to Cellular
gbrummond
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this on the net:  Apple has confirmed there is a problem with hand-off from wifi to celluar on the Apple Watch series 3. .  For me, I just restarted my watch, for others it has been necessary to repair the watch and iPhone.  Good luck

jimswife1437
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much for responding! I've tried several things I've found on the net, including restarting the phone & watch, but so far no luck. I love my watch, but it kind of defeats the purpose of paying extra for cellular that you can't attach to. *Sigh*

0 Likes
gbrummond
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please note, it never happened to me until I added a wireless headset to listen to music while walking and not need my iPhone.  So far no problems since my purchase of Airpods and the latest upgrade to the phone.  Good luck.

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎May‎ ‎31‎, ‎2018‎ ‎09‎:‎14‎:‎15‎ ‎AM‎ ‎CDT, jimswife1437 <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

#yiv2357296971 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

Shop

Support

My Verizon

| |

created by jimswife1437 in Apple - View the full discussion

Thank you so much for responding! I've tried several things I've found on the net, including restarting the phone & watch, but so far no luck. I love my watch, but it kind of defeats the purpose of paying extra for cellular that you can't attach to. Sigh

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community

Start a new discussion in Apple by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jimswife1437, we definitely want to see your Apple Watch Series 3 work independently from your iPhone. we are here to help out. Has your Apple Watch ever worked off of cellular since the original set up date? Have you tried turning off bluetooth and WiFi from your phone, and powering off your watch. Then moving to a different room altogether to get your watch outside of the range that your phone and watch can communicate with each other. This way we can see if your watch will pick up and connect to cellular service only once you power it back on. Please keep us posted.   

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gbrummond
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is the article that I read about the hand-off from Wifi to Cellular:  Apple Watch Series 3 With LTE Having Issues Connecting to Cellular Networks

|

|

|

|

Apple Watch Series 3 With LTE Having Issues Connecting to Cellular Networks

The Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE is designed to give owners a bit of freedom from their smartphone, letting the...

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎May‎ ‎31‎, ‎2018‎ ‎02‎:‎36‎:‎39‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CDT, vzw_customer_support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

#yiv3482687860 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

Shop

Support

My Verizon

| |

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Apple - View the full discussion

jimswife1437, we definitely want to see your Apple Watch Series 3 work independently from your iPhone. we are here to help out. Has your Apple Watch ever worked off of cellular since the original set up date? Have you tried turning off bluetooth and WiFi from your phone, and powering off your watch. Then moving to a different room altogether to get your watch outside of the range that your phone and watch can communicate with each other. This way we can see if your watch will pick up and connect to cellular service only once you power it back on. Please keep us posted.   

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Community

Start a new discussion in Apple by email or at Verizon Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
Lucysmom1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. Apple has replaced my watch once. Same problem again.  So disappointed. Been on the phone with Apple and Verizon. Nothing works

0 Likes