Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,188 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: Apple watch different number than phone
ninjaspywizard
Enthusiast - Level 2

It’s says in that article that number share can not be turned off on Apple Watch, it must be disconnected or paired with another iPhone. what does it mean by disconnecte?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered get your child a basic phone instead?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ninjaspywizard

you are asking if the watch can be used as a stand alone device.  It was not designed so, the answer is no.

https://www.imore.com/apple-watch-3-faq

Apple has no interest in eliminating its phone from the equation.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good you ask, we know it is important to know the details and options on your Apple watch and we want to provide you with the correct information. The service itself of Number Share cannot be disabled from the watch settings itself. To disable this option you need to sign into your my verizon account. Does this help clarify your concern?

Paloma_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ninjaspywizard
Enthusiast - Level 2

So once I disable this in my Verizon account, I can set my Apple Watch up and when I’m done it will have a different phone number than the phone itself?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

No, the setup is done prior to the number share feature being disabled in the account. But once disabled, the Apple Watch would only have the different phone number programmed and assigned to it.

With the number share disabled, the watch would no longer be able to be used for calls, messages or data since it would not be linked to your iPhone anymore.

ninjaspywizard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm, okay, thank you

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Yeah... I’m starting to suspect they have bots on the VZW side as the responses don’t seem to Indicate they understand the question. 

ninjaspywizard
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ninjaspywizard, 

We want to make sure you are able to set up NumberShare correctly. We have the information you need here: http://spr.ly/6584DNHi6 , please refer to Set Up and Sharing. Let us know if this information was helpful.

0 Likes