AppleCare Question
millerlucas09

Can I purchase AppleCare after I've already upgraded my phone to the new iPhone 6?  I upgraded less than two weeks ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: AppleCare Question
Weth
Legend

If you buy it after purchase, Apple will require some sort of proof the device is still undamaged.   One time I took it to the Apple Store, another it was verified remotely. You have 60 days, but don't damage the device before then.  There is no advantage to waiting, start period always reverts to purchase of the device date, not 2 years from buying AppleCare plus. 

From the Apple site:

Important notes

Purchase AppleCare+ with your new iPhone. Or buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase:

• At an Apple Retail Store (inspection of iPhone and proof of purchase are required)
  • OR call (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

See AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete product details.

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

Applecare is additional warranty coverage.  It is not insurance against loss, theft or damage.

you can purchase apple care at any time.

insurance should be purchased in 30 days with Assurion.

apple care + covers warranty, service and accidental damage.

Weth
Legend

If you buy it after purchase, Apple will require some sort of proof the device is still undamaged.   One time I took it to the Apple Store, another it was verified remotely. You have 60 days, but don't damage the device before then.  There is no advantage to waiting, start period always reverts to purchase of the device date, not 2 years from buying AppleCare plus. 

From the Apple site:

Important notes

Purchase AppleCare+ with your new iPhone. Or buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase:

• At an Apple Retail Store (inspection of iPhone and proof of purchase are required)
  • OR call (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

See AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete product details.