Appraisal Value for iPhone 5s trade-in
lmwsport7

I'm planning on pre-ordering the iPhone 6s and I've been comparing my options (pay full retail, switch to new Verizon plan on use device pmt plan, or stay on my current plan on pay 2-yr contract price).

Each time I go through the steps on the Verizon website to appraise the value of my trade-in (iPhone 5s 64gb space grey), I get a different value. Sometimes it's $300, sometimes it's $200. I'm wondering if the value is somehow tied to my method of payment for the phone and/or the plan I'm on (2GB Loyalty for $60).

Does anyone have a more definitive answer as to the value I'd get for my good working order 5s?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Appraisal Value for iPhone 5s trade-in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lmwsport7, upgrading to a new phone is an exciting time. I understand wanting to get a definitive answer to the appraisal value of your iPhone 5s. Having the option to trade in your device towards a credit is a great one. The value is not tied to your account payment method or plan. At times the appraisal value can change due to promotions we are running or any agreements we have with Apple. The values are subject to change at any time.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lmwsport7, upgrading to a new phone is an exciting time. I understand wanting to get a definitive answer to the appraisal value of your iPhone 5s. Having the option to trade in your device towards a credit is a great one. The value is not tied to your account payment method or plan. At times the appraisal value can change due to promotions we are running or any agreements we have with Apple. The values are subject to change at any time.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lmwsport7

If tied to promotions or Apple agreements, the values shouldn't change from $300 to $200 to $300 in the course on 15 mins though.  $100 is a big difference and will change whether I trade-in with Verizon or a 3rd party.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can check the going rate on 3rd party sites and compare. If you would get a better deal elsewhere then of course go with that.

0 Likes
lmwsport7

I've done that - I'm trying to determine which is the correct appraisal value, as the Verizon value keeps changing.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

The current promo just says up to $300 so that may be why you're getting the fluctuation. You could go to a local store and have them give you an estimate.

0 Likes
lmwsport7

Found the answer - in VERY VERY fine print:

"New smartphone device payment activation/upgrade & port-in req’d. $100 bill credit applied w/in w/in 2-3 billing cycles. Trade-in must be in good working condition."

Glad no one from Verizon could tell me this.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Although I don't work for Verizon I would have provided you the link to the offer...but you didn't seem to be asking about that. I thought you solely wanted to know how much your trade in would be. Glad you found what appears to have answered your question.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Appraisal Value for iPhone 5s trade-in
lmwsport7

this is my issue...depending on how I choose to pay for my new phone and whether I'm signed in and identified as an existing customer changes the appraisal value:

Not signed in (new customer), device payment plan for phone - $300

Inline image 1

Not signed in (new customer), pay phone in full - $200

Inline image 2

Signed in (existing customer), current plan upgrade/2 yr price for phone - $300

Inline image 3

Signed in (existing customer), pay in full - $200

Inline image 4

0 Likes
Re: Re: Appraisal Value for iPhone 5s trade-in
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Well the promo states that you have to buy a new device with a payment plan as an existing customer to get the max $300. This is probably why you see less depending on the option you choose. At least that's how I comprehend it.

0 Likes