Are Verizon Store Employees Reactivate my IPone6 on a Whim?
MICCHA50

For a year a local Verizon store employee has been texting me with marketing texts to come into the store for this sale, special or event etc.  I txted "stop" back to him several times and they kept coming through.  Finally, I txted "stop txting me u AXXhole!" while i was travelling and very dependent on my device.  30 minutes later my phone got reset and i have had to submit all my app passwords again etc.  I am not into conspiracy but is it possible i upset a verizon employee and he then retaliated by resetting my phone number?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are Verizon Store Employees Reactivate my IPone6 on a Whim?
Weth
Legend

Someone would need to know your AppleID and password to remotely erase and reset your phone. Verizon cannot reset your iPhone remotely. Often these texts are not sent by a person but are automated by the company. You can change your privacy settings on My Verizon, then select My Profile, and then select Privacy Settings. Make sure all your lines are Do Not Share for all available types of sharing - I have 3 different items to select for each line CPNI, marketing, and advertising.

0 Likes
MICCHA50

Thank you for the quick response weth.  However, these txts do come from a person at a Verizon store who has somehow managed to get all the cell phone numbers attached to device purchases from there and txts us all.  My cell is on the federal do not call list so it is not appreciated at all.  Worse, my phone got reset immediately after I responded to him rudely.  Just too tight of a coincidence.  This is a screen shot of a text sent regularly from him:

image1.PNG

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

First that is not a Verizon email address.  You are dealing with a third party store, I.e. Premium retailer or reseller. 

Second, are you on the latest ios version?  There are older version where a certain text could cause problems with the phone.

0 Likes
MICCHA50

thank you.

0 Likes