Are employees allowed to Pre-order Apple products??
burtis21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I work in the Mobile department at Best Buy, and apparently, we aren't allowed to  pre-order upcoming 6s or 6s Plus for ourselves? Is this something that Apple restricts or just through Best Buy? Can I pre-order through Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Are employees allowed to Pre-order Apple products??
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I would imagine it's Best Buy restricting it. Much like the carriers restrict their employees from doing the same thing.

daignact
Enthusiast - Level 2

A friend of mine works at Verizon Wireless. He, and anyone on his plan are not able to preorder any phones. They are only able to purchase the phone once it's available to the public.

burtis21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dang it. So, going directly to Verizon or Apple might not be an option either?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can try pre ordering on Apple.com for store pick up or delivery but if your account is flagged as a mobile employee then you may not be able to. You can easily find out by trying.

0 Likes
iphonejunkie44

You are unable to preorder thru verizon or apple or anywhere for that matter.  Verizon also told me if you buy the phone during the time that they do not allow employees to purchase it... and you receive it, they will not activate it.

If what was said above by daignact that we can only order "once avail to the public", I would be ecstatic with that... But from what I heard, Verizon does not allow you to order until they feel supply has caught up with demand, therefore it could be months before we can get one.... Extremely bummed.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I wonder if Best Buys policy for employees adopts Verizon's or if all carriers that BB sells dictate the BB mobile policy. If their policy is solely theirs then the OP may be able to purchase else where.

0 Likes
iphonejunkie44

Per Verizon's policy, you cannot purchase the phone until they clear it.  If somehow you get ahold of one of these phones, they will not activate it.  So it doesn't matter where you get it, if you can get it.  Thats what they told me when I was learning about their process.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As a Verizon employee or as a Best Buy employee? That's the real question. I know that Verizon employees can't get it pre order or for I think a month or so after it releases. The OP works for Best Buy. So the question remains if a Best Buy employee can't preorder from Best Buy does that also exclude them from ordering from their provider or Apple.

0 Likes
iphonejunkie44

Got it... no idea about best buy employees...I assumed he was a verizon employee at best buy... my bad.

0 Likes