Asurion Issues
DJS80
Enthusiast - Level 2

we have been trying to file a claim with Asurion for over a week now and we just keep getting the run around with them. This is crazy!! we have paid into our insurance plan for years and we should not have this hard of a time filing a claim....it's what we pay for!!!! this needs to be resolved ASAP and since Verizon is the company I am in a contract with I feel it is your responsibility to make sure this gets resolved!! my son broke his IPhone 6s and we need it replace ASAP. what do I need to do to make the happen and how is Verizon going insure that happens because I am about sick of dealing with Asurion!! 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Asurion Issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you paid the deductible too?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DJS80
Enthusiast - Level 2

no. we have not been able to get to that point with them. every claim we

submit they have some reason they cant process the claim. whether it be the

last date the phone was used was wrong or that the wrong phone was on the

claim at the time. they were able to see the phone was correct but would

not help and just said file another claim. this is going on the 6th claim

for this phone. to no avail. it seems obvious to me that they know what

phone they insure and who is the insured people on the plan. its bad enough

we pay monthly for the plan but still need to go through this hassle to pay

more for the phone they will send.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We regret seeing the insurance claim process has not gone as smoothly as it should go. Although Asurion is our exclusive insurance provider, all claims do need to process with them. Did you try to file a claim online http://bit.ly/1rGZNyn or by phone at 888.881.2622?

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DJS80
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have filed multiple claims the past couple weeks via the webiste. i have

also responded to their requests to call them when they have emailed me to

do so. every time they have said either the phone was not in use at the

time of the claim and had the wrong last use date(which i had to get a

temprary phone so we could have the ability to stay in contact with our

son) the iphone has been out of use since Dec. 4th. and i have been trying

to file a claim since then. I have a hard time with this date of use issue.

i pay to insure a phone through them regardless of if i have ever activated

it or not. they claim it is insured for ANYTHING that happens to it. yet it

stopps working and the first claim i submitted was sent back saying it is a

warranty issue i have to deal with verizion. Then to redo it and now need

to prove who i am, and then have the wrong use date submitted, then to have

the phone he is temporarily using be the phone they say is being claimed

and they cant change to the phone that is insured. Even though they can see

which phone is insured and told me this. they have been less than helpfull

in trying to replace a phone they insure for me. which after all this i

still have to pay an expensive deductable to get the phone. Now im at a

point we planned on going away for the holidays and my son may be without

the phone for this weekend. when i started this process weeks ago. It is

getting extremly rediculous that it is taking this long to resolve. As is i

replied to verizion two days ago and am just recieving a responce this am.

im hoping to have this issue resolved asap! Anything you can help with to

expidite and resolve this issue would be greatly apprieciated. thank you

for your help in advance

On Dec 21, 2017 9:04 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
DJS80

I am truly sorry that this is the experience you are having trying to file a claim. The process is normally an easy one, and we are here to help you to the best of our abilities. We understand the importance of having a working device so that we can stay connected. I am going to send you a private message so that we can get this issue resolved as quickly as possible. I look forward to working with you soon.

EdwardL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PATGON33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also had a terrible experience with Asurion.

First the web site is dis-functional for filing a claim. It doesn't select phone correctly on multiple browsers. 2) They had extremely poor responsiveness to filed claim. Many days delay for "more information needed" but no new information was actually requested. Multiple working-hours phone calls were required to resolve -each time the response was just wait 24 hours.  3) Then finally after demanding an immediate response, the repair was suddenly OK'ed. However the lower cost screen repair was "not available" and I was asked to pay a much higher deductible for full phone replacement. I again had to ask for a manager who found that the lower deductible option was available. This service was the WORST experience. It is obviously designed to save Asurion money at our expense. Verizon users are getting a bad experience with this crappy Asurion company.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Patgon33, that is never the experience we want for our customers. We appreciate your feedback as processing a claim should be a simple process. We will lift this information up to ensure that processing a claim is easy for all customers.

AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
court_melendez

Going through the same run around now! Even got sent to a Verizon store because one of the reps at asurion told me to go there for help filling out the claim since it was not working at home on the computer for me and over the. Got to the store to get literally laughed in my face for showing there and the verizon team member telling me " I don't even know what that is so what do you want me to do" then him and his fellow coworkers just laughed at I filled a form out and played rock paper scissors. I'm going to pay the balance off my phone off since I'm close to which why I didn't want to get a new phone and seems like being forced to! Once I pay off my phone I am leaving verizon since everyone has been very rude and helpful!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@court_melendez wrote:

Going through the same run around now! Even got sent to a Verizon store because one of the reps at asurion told me to go there for help filling out the claim since it was not working at home on the computer for me and over the. Got to the store to get literally laughed in my face for showing there and the verizon team member telling me " I don't even know what that is so what do you want me to do" then him and his fellow coworkers just laughed at I filled a form out and played rock paper scissors. I'm going to pay the balance off my phone off since I'm close to which why I didn't want to get a new phone and seems like being forced to! Once I pay off my phone I am leaving verizon since everyone has been very rude and helpful!

Why would you make an insurance claim if your close to paying off your phone? The deducatble probably would be higher than the balance of your phone and you'd just get a refurb. Asurion is not part of Verizon, in fact guess who the others carriers use? Asurion. So yeah good luck with that.

0 Likes