Asurion and Verizon partnership
Jlwareham72
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, have other users experienced possible fraud with Asurion. I have spent hours of my vacation trying to enter a claim with a lost iPhone with Total Protection plan for loss or theft. None of the web links on Verizon or Asurion take me to working page to enter a claim. After contacting Verizon directly they send me to the exact link that I already told them was not working. I have read posts of horrible, possibly fraudulent service. I wanted to see if others in this community could chime in. What major company does not provide a working website and why is Verizon pushing this as their exclusive partner? Something is very, very wrong here. 

0 Likes
Re: Asurion and Verizon partnership
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your phone claim run smoothly. There hasn't been reports on our end of issues with Asurions website. From what we can see it doesn't appear to be down. Have you attempted to call their customer service at, 1-888-881-2622?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
Jlwareham72
Enthusiast - Level 2

So you are telling me that you are able to get to a claims page? This is what I get when clicking on the claim option on your site and theirs.

6A6207F9-45E8-4BAA-9D7C-7C709F2B54C8.png

0 Likes
Jlwareham72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have selected both Claim at top of screen and Get Started and both take me to the same error page. 

0 Likes
Jlwareham72
Enthusiast - Level 2

294CFE4B-A6C4-43CF-AE31-56A10315B745.jpeg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Jlwareham. We are very sorry to hear about the troubles you are encountering with the Asurion website. We certainly want to ensure that you receive the assistance that you need regarding the services they provide. We do recommend that since this is dealing directly with Asurion's website, to get in touch with Asurion directly. Asurion Support can be reached by dialing 1-888-881-2622. How does this plan sound?

-Brett

0 Likes
Eagle20
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is not true as I have personally complained to both Asurion and Verizon numerous times about their website not working. A fact I have well documented and recorded from over a year ago.

~ Eagle20 ~
iPad Pro (iOS 15.2) • iPhone XR (iOS 15.2) • MacBook Pro (macOS Catalina 12.1)
0 Likes
Asurion and Verizon partnership is useless and used to push additional charges.
ststsales

I filed one claim and received a replacement, used phone but only after jumping through numerous hoops and agreeing to add services to cover my home devices at additional cost.

I cancelled the home coverage after reading the terms and cost.

I now have a second phone on the same account that is having a problem with the ringer. Prior to contacting Asurion I tried all of the typical troubleshooting measures then went to an Apple store. The store diagnosed the problem as a hardware problem.

I contacted Asurion via chat and after wasting 10 minutes with a "tech expert" I got the commercial / sales push to sign up for coverage for my home devices again. After pleading to have the sales pitch stop we got back into troubleshooting. I was taken back to square one of the troubleshooting process.

Total waste of time. I cannot understand why Verizon promotes this service beyond the fact that they can increase there profits. If I am paying for the Asurion coverage I will cancel it. If it is free, it is still not worth the cost as using it and filing a claim is too painful. T mobile was much easier to use and more user friendly.

I hope that someone from Verizon reads these messages.

0 Likes