Audio data usage
kimiata90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Suddenly, for the last couple months, I am going over my data allowance. I used to have way more than enough. When I looked at my usage details for my last bill, it says I used 45% of my data on audio. This can't be correct. I don't think I have ever streamed anything on my phone or listened to any music at all. Ever. Mostly because I never knew how much data it might use. Also, it seems like most of the larger hunks of data occur in the middle of the night when I'm not awake. 
Any help out there, Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Audio data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kimiata90, we definitely want you to be able to manage your data with ease. We're here to help. Do you have an Android or iOS operating system on your device?

*Bee

0 Likes
kimiata90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Bee. Both my husband and I have iPhone 7 Pluses with the latest version of the iOs. 

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for these details. I wanted to advise that applications do update and can run overnight to complete such updates. Also, before ending the day, do you double-check to make sure that all applications have been closed out?

-Roni

0 Likes
kimiata90
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't say for sure that they are all closed, but I am sure there are no videos or anything running. I hear you about updates, but my apps don't update automatically. Also, 45% of my data on audio??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, kimiata90! Are you able  to send us a private note, so we can further assist?

*Alexis

0 Likes