Avaya one-x communicator
SUZIAS93

My work has an Avaya one-x communicator. I have set up the phone in the past to call my cell phone instead of my desk phone. I was in the office one day and used my desk phone. Since that time the desk phone will not transfer to cell. I have had all tech people in company look - they say the Avaya is set up correctly. I had changed some settings on my phone, but can't seem to find what I may have done. PLEASE HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Avaya one-x communicator
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Suzias93,

We know that it is imporant to have your desk phone working properly. Thanks for all your hard work in an effort to resolve this issue and we want to help. Are you able to setup the call forwarding to a different number? To confirm, you changed settings on your cellphone or desk phone before the issue started? 

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUZIAS93

I was able to get my desk phone calls on my cell. I did change some of my cell phone settings trying to minimize battery/data usage, but don’t recall all that I changed! I have tried changing some settings, trying to dial before realizing those settings were not impacting this transfer. I have since been able to have my desk phone call my home phone, no problem. I also tried someone else’s cell phone and it worked. That is why I’m thinking it must be a setting on my phone which is blocking the incoming call somehow.

Suzanne

0 Likes
meakelley

The same thing happened to me just within the past two months.  I've always been able to forward to my Verizon cell phone from Avaya One-X, and this just recently ceased working.

I have the current OS and Do Not Disturb is NOT on. I'm at a loss, as this is effecting my ability to successfully field work calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meakelley, 

Staying connected is certainly important nowadays. We always want Verizon service to run smoothly and are here to assist with any concerns. I would like to clarify a few details to ensure we are on the same page in effort to help resolve your issue.

Are you trying to forward calls that dial your Verizon phone number to the Avaya One-X or the calls to the Avaya One-X number forwarded to your Verizon cell?

Have you tested the call forwarding with the Verizon number and another phone number (if not please do so)? 

Did you make any changes to settings or phone software around the time it stopped working?

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
meakelley

I’m forwarding from Avaya One-X to my cell (unsuccessfully). It worked up until about a month ago. IOS is up to date and my Avaya One-X settings are correct. The system correctly forwards to other numbers / phones, but no longer to my iPhone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to be able to receive the forwarded calls, meakelley. I see that this is a third party software that forwards your calls to your cellphone. I'd recommend reaching out to Avaya at https://support.avaya.com/products/P0516/avaya-onex-communicator and I'm confident that they will be able to assist you. 

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
meakelley

Yeah, I had a feeling you might say that, except I did that first and we verified that the application is forwarding calls to any other numbers and phones and as previously stated, all settings on the application are correct. 

It is this phone and this service provider that is the problem, and unfortunately, based on the original thread...I'm clearly not the only one impacted.

Would be great is someone would actually look into this to figure out what the cause of the problem is to get it corrected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meakelley, I am glad to learn that you successfully check the settings. What happens when you try to set up the forwarding? You stated this was working up until a month ago, did you update the phone?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
meakelley

The phone automatically goes to voice mail when forwarded to the Verizon cell number. A user calls the number using Avaya One X to forward to Verizon cell, the Call is forwarded to the cell and the user gets voice mail after a single ring.

0 Likes