Bait and Switch?
AlexYou1

Verizon store in the Burlington Mall, Massachusetts

The store's representative each has a different story on trade-in and messed me up completely. Traded in 2 nearly brand new iPhone X and iPhone Xs. using the June 2021 promotion of iPhone 12 max on us. ($700 trade-in, $300 eGift card that can only be spent on Verizon)

This was to switch 3 wireless phones from AT&T to Verizon with 2 trade-ins. 1 for Buy-One-Get-One-Free and 1 just simple switch to Verizon taking the promotion

The iPhone Xs was assessed at $700 in the store since I had it with me. I didn't have the iPhone X 256G with me. Came back the next day, the store representative Stevens added the iPhone X back into my account for trade-in, and only gave me $170 trade-in. When I pointed out it was supposed to be $700 value as it meets all eligibility criteria and the phone is in nearly brand new condition with no scratch of any kind. Stevens seems to be offended at first. When I point everything out. He told me that "Don't use the $170 gift card. It will be fixed at the back end once the phone is received by the Verizon"

At the time "fixed at the back end" seems to be a scam to me but I didn't know any better so I went along with it. The store took both of my trade-in phones and insisted they must ship the phone not me and refused to give me a shipping box and shipping label.

4 weeks later, my Verizon account showed the iPhone X is assessed at $170 and no information on the iPhone Xs.

Made 7 trips total to the store, called and chatted with Verizon 4 times. It is still not resolved.

I'm going to fight this even if I have to file a complaint with Attorney General's Office.

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AlexYou1, as a new member of our family we want to truly apologize for the overall experience you have encountered thus far. We are here to help turn this experience around for you.  Making sure you are receiving the promotional value for all of your devices is important. We would like the opportunity to take a closer look at the details. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes
AlexYou1

The account verification link expired quickly. Sent a message to the customer support request another link. Message was not returned.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure we're on the same page. Were you able to respond to our Private Note?

0 Likes