Biggest mistake of upgrading phone at Verizon store
MandarAuti
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still not believing that, its not a dream and its really happened to me. On 25th September 2015 , Apple launched its IPhone 6s and 6s plus. Though I preordered it , I went to Portsmouth ,NH Verizon store to check if there is any iPhone 6s plus available. Bingo, there was one except color was black. No big deal, I said ok. One salesman assigned to me and he came with me with new iPhone 6s Plus box and started processing my order on his iPad. I told him that I wanted to upgrade my current iPhone 5s. He tried on his iPad for upgrading  and found issue due to preorder. Then he called customer care and handed over call to me. I talked with customer care and they cancelled my preorder. He then showed me on his iPad that I will be getting $300 as credit . I was already knowing this and also I  was knowing that credit will be coming to my registered mail id. I asked salesperson that I want to trade on my old iPhone right now only and handed over my old iPhone. He showed me how to clear the phone factory setting which I did in front of him. I gave my phone to him and signed on the receipt on his iPad. Done. I came home happily with my new iPhone 6s plus.

Next day , I got a greeting SMS from same store. I generally replied to SMS asking when will I get my credit gift card. I got reply that you will get promotional code in 5 business day. I thought , promotional code is only the source of getting trade in credit and I can use that for paying my bill. I waited for 5 days but nothing happened. I called customer center and they told that  it might take 5 to 7 business days. I waited another 3 days and then again visited store. That day another salesman assigned to me. I asked her that my promotional code has not come. she said to check my SMS. SMS was there and I thought that's it. I thanked her and she asked me whether you want to trade in phone now. I got surprised , I said I already traded in. she was also surprised but only gave me smile and  said thank you.  That time I felt something is not good. I again called customer care and this time I asked them difference between promotional code and gift card. I also told them that I already traded in phone . Customer care said they will talk to store manager and let me know. Next day, I was very sure to get call from customer care telling that they found record for my phone and there could be some misunderstanding. To my surprise , I got a call from customer care telling that store manager is saying that no such phone was traded in.I called store manager and he was telling the same thing . I told him that ask the sale person . He told me that he also does not remember. They checked my phone serial number and they were not able to find it. I asked him to check CCTV footage on that day. he said he is not having that authority. Then I asked him that I will go to police on which he replied "If you want to go by this way , You are welcome". When I personally visited store , there also I got the same answer. They gave me some  number for asking police to call on that to get CCTV footage. When I went to police station , they said they cant file the complaint as  it is not a crime. They suggested to go to civil court. I am in helpless situation now and almost left hopes on this.

Mistakes from my End :

1. Assumption that Promotional code is the ultimate trade in credit.

2. Blindly keeping faith on Verizon store sales person and handed over him my iPhone.

3.Now understanding the process of trade in before hand.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Biggest mistake of upgrading phone at Verizon store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MandarAuti,

The new iPhone 6S Plus is a great device, and the promotion that we have going with it is un-matched. I am saddened to learn that you have had a hard time getting back any type of credit that has been promised to you. I'd love to take a closer into this for you and see what is going on. Since this is a public forum, we are unable to gather account infroamtion here. I'm going to send you a Private Message so that I can gather account details. I look forward to reaching a resolution with you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MandarAuti
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am really curious how you people going to resolve this issue.. I already sent my account details and going to update this thread for others awareness. More to come.

MandarAuti
Enthusiast - Level 2

After sending private message,no response from Verizon. I

am thinking to go through better business bureau now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I sincerely regret we have not had the opportunity to reach back out to you through your Private Message, MandarAuti. We do want to be sure each and every customer has received our assistance when needed. I highly recommend reaching out directly to the store and the store manager once again, as he/she would be the best source to locate a phone or records in the store of any phone that was left in the store's possession. I truly appreciate all of your efforts and  I’m confident the store manager will be able to further assist with the investigation.

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

0 Likes
Saxxman
Enthusiast - Level 2

And why is this posted in the Blackberry area???

0 Likes
MandarAuti
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to thank Better Business bureau for getting my case to Verizon business Analyst who found out that the phone was traded in but due to the issue in their internal process and the way phone was traded by the store , this issue happened. They have credited my account with my Trade in value and assured me to verify their internal process.

When this issue was happened I got assurance from Store manager that If they find my phone they will give me incontinence credit . Now as they found my phone, I didn't hear back from Store manager.

Please note , I haven't got any proper solution from this forum.

cjagin

I also upgraded in our local Verizon store, was told that I'd receive a $300 credit for my iPhone 4S and that I would need to bring my old phone into the store.  That was on September 27.  When I finally received my iphone 6s plus on October 21, and went to the store, and after waiting at least 20 minutes, they wanted to know where my promotion code was.  I never received a code. After wasting another 15 minutes or so I told him to give me back both of my phones, that this shouldn't take this long or be so difficult.  I have a new iPhone 6s plus sitting in a box and am seriously contemplating leaving Verizon after many years of being a loyal customer.  They screwed me out of trade-in when I got my iPhone 4s and I did nothing about it, but I'm not going to let them do this to me again.  I'll return to the store this weekend with my husband who was also there on September 27 and listened to what I was told about the trade-in.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cjagin, making sure you have all the options available is our goal. We would not want you to miss out on an available promotion. Has the 4s already been traded-in? What was the trade in value that you received for that device?
AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes