Billed for stolen I Pad
PETLAT60

Hi,

I had an I Pad stolen over a year ago and recently asked to have it removed from my billing and they said the contract is up in Aug and I'd be billed for it until then.  SERIOUSLY?????????????????????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Billed for stolen I Pad
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Seriously.

A stolen device does not negate the contract. You signed the contract to keep the line active for 2 years in exchange for a discounted price on the iPad. The following options are available:

1. Cancel the line of service and pay the Early Termination Fee

2. Pay the $10 monthly until the contract is over (I suspect this is only about $40 and is cheaper that the ETF)

3. Get another tablet to put on that line

4. Put a phone on that line but that would cost you an extra $30 per month.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Seriously.

A stolen device does not negate the contract. You signed the contract to keep the line active for 2 years in exchange for a discounted price on the iPad. The following options are available:

1. Cancel the line of service and pay the Early Termination Fee

2. Pay the $10 monthly until the contract is over (I suspect this is only about $40 and is cheaper that the ETF)

3. Get another tablet to put on that line

4. Put a phone on that line but that would cost you an extra $30 per month.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

If you buy a phone with device payments and it gets stolen, you still have to pay it off, and have no phone.

2 ways to avoid this in the future.  Buy devices at full price.  Or get insurance.  I prefer the former. 

0 Likes