Blocking inbound messages/calls
DCON20

Is there a way to block text messages/calls from apps that us fake numbers? Constant spam text messages coming from fake numbers, research shows an app is being used to provide fake numbers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blocking inbound messages/calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DCON20-

I certainly understand how inconvenient receiving these type of calls can be. By the details you've provided, it looks like your caller ID is being spoofed. Caller ID spoofing is a method by which people choose the number that is displayed on your phone as the caller ID number. Because this is done from third party apps, it's difficult to find the origin of these spammers. I apologize but there isn't a way to block apps from calling your number which is out of our control. We do offer a great feature that provides real-time spam detection on the incoming call screen and call log. This includes: Robo callers which is what you're experiencing. To learn more about Caller Name ID, how to report spam calls and block numbers please visit us at https://vz.to/2AQFU1L

I hope the information I have provided is beneficial.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Blocking inbound messages/calls
jadmiral

Carmen,

Why is the block button 6 levels down? that's almost as annoying as the Robo calls.  It would be so nice to hang up and push the block button immediately without having to go back in to 6 levels of pushing buttons.

John

0 Likes