Brand new Apple 6s Plus. I get no sound alert when a new message comes in if the phone is locked. Works fine when unlocked.
Endofile

Brand new Apple 6s Plus. I get no sound alert when a new message comes in if the phone is locked. Works fine when unlocked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Brand new Apple 6s Plus. I get no sound alert when a new message comes in if the phone is locked. Works fine when unlocked.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's bring back the noise, Endofile! Has this been happening since activation? Did you restore backup from previous iPhone? Please complete a soft reset by holding Power and Home keys until device restarts and test again.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Brand new Apple 6s Plus. I get no sound alert when a new message comes in if the phone is locked. Works fine when unlocked.
Endofile

I did all the actions you recommended before submitting the question.

I visited the Verizon Store where I got the phone, and the personnel there where equally stumped and suggested I visit the Genius Bar at an Apple Store.

I did not have to talk with a Genius at Apple. One of the floor personnel was able to confirm that the phone was in fact working correctly. i.e. When pair with an iWatch the audio alert come through the watch.

Case closed. I like the phone. I like the watch. But I don't like the way this feature is set up. Maybe with iOS 9.2 and iWatch 2.2 they will change it.

0 Likes