Re: Brand new iPhone 6 - unknown email showing for iTunes sign in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Oh no! That's certainly odd to hear. No worries, help is here. Let's get that unknown email off of your device, so you can start to enjoy your new iPhone. Try these steps here:
1.Sign in to their iCloud account at www.icloud.com/find.
2.Click All Devices to open a list of devices linked to their account, then select the device to be removed. It should show a gray dot or the word “Offline” next to the device name.
3.Click "Remove from Account" to remove the device from their account.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Verizon Wireless Customer Support

This is only possible if the person whos email is on the phone logs in to their icloud account with their Apple ID and password.  Yes, it would remove the phone from that persons Apple ID and account. 

Then the phone can then be properly registered to OP and her icloud account.

If the Apple ID on the phone cant be identified and the phone not removed from the iCloud account, it should be returned and replaced with a new, unused phone.

We are equally puzzled and hope OP will post results....

0 Likes
ChristinaO

Hello everyone and thank you so much for all your suggestions and concern! I went to Apple today. According to them, I must have either plugged my phone into someone else's computer and thus got their email attached to certain apps while downloading them or I added the apps while attached to their internet. Here's the thing - I never plug my phone into any other computer than my own. And I down loaded the three apps that were showing the unknown email while at home. I don't have that many apps on my phone (two screens - that's it). The three apps showing the weird email were: Facebook, Instagram and Find My iPhone. Here's the fix: All I had to do was go to the screen where the App shows, hold it until it wiggled and I could delete it. Then go back into the App Store and reinstall it. They did it for me in the store and it worked like a charm. The mystery still remains as to how on earth the unknown email became attached to the Apps, but at least I got it fixed! Once again - thanks everyone!

0 Likes
ChristinaO

I'm not sure I understand the instructions as I do not know the unknown email address and thus am not able to log in to their account to do anything. I did check all of the devices and the accounts linked to me and they were all under one email - my own. Fortunately, the Apple store gave me the remedy as you will see below. They had me delete the three Apps that wouldn't download to my new phone and had the unknown email attached to them. Then they reinstalled them right there and it worked like a charm! No more weird email showing up on the Apple ID asking me to sign in. Thank you, however, for your Verizon support. I tried to get through to Apple by email and chat and I couldn't until I showed up in person. So I do appreciate your attention to your support site.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Great it worked out, not sure how those apps got there though. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The reasons for the apps being on your phone are not possible.  The only way they get there is if the owner of that Apple ID put them there.

No matter, it has been resolved and the phone is on your icloud account.

0 Likes
ChristinaO

mama23dogs and Weth - I'm with you on the puzzlement and to tell you the truth I'm still a little uneasy. None of this happened when I went from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5s. Out of all the apps that had updates to be re-downloaded onto my iPhone 6 only the three of FB, Instagram and Find my iPhone were asking for the Apple ID with the unknown email address in order to complete the process. Personally, I'm waiting to see what happens once any other updates are needed. I did go back and check all my apple ID's on my computer, Apple, iTunes and Verizon account as well as within the settings on my iPhone 6 and nothing showed anything other than my own email. The only place it showed up was when I clicked on the 'App Store' app itself, then went to the 'Updates' where I had the three apps that were waiting to be updated. I don't know if we'll ever have the answers, I just hope that this thread will help someone else in the future if they come across the same problem. All they had me do was delete the apps from off my iPhone screen and turn around and reinstall them from the App Store and problem solved.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

My only concern was the phone was used, which I still suspect.  And I also suspect the person who's apps were on the phone did not remove it from their account, which would have erased the phone.

JUst to cover all bases, contact Apple and start an inquiry.  I don't know if there would be any problems if a phone is on 2 icloud accounts.   For example:  if the person goes on her iCloud account in a month and notices the phone in her device list, and removes it....that would maybe cause your phone to erase all content.   That may not be possible, but, If that is a possibility, what is the fix?

0 Likes