Callers can not hear me because my voice continually cuts out.
Sunbonnets
Enthusiast - Level 2

Callers can not hear me when I talk on my phone inside my house.  My voice continually cuts in and out.  This has been happening for about three months now.  I removed the case, cleaned the mic, taken the battery out to reset, went online with Apple and still, nothing has worked.   If I talk with the speaker phone turned on I have better luck.  People seem to be able to hear me better, but it still isn't good enough.  Callers have no problem hearing me when I use my phone in my car using my AVIX bluetooth system.  HELP!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Callers can not hear me because my voice continually cuts out.
Sunbonnets
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.  I did not remove the battery and the phone has never had any damage, water, etc.  My phone is less than one year old.  I'll contact Apple again and let them know the problem has not been fixed.  They are so helpful, I'll ask about the return process.  Your reply was very helpful.  Thanks again!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I very much appreciate your concern towards being able to reliably keep in contact with friends and family. Is it possible that you're hand may be covering the mic? This may be why you have a better experience when using speaker phone. Does it occur in a specific location?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

How did you take the battery out of an iPhone without opening the device (if it is less than 1 year old doing so would void the warranty)? When you contacted Apple what did they advise you to do? If you're still under warranty and nothing that they have suggested worked you should be able to have it replaced...assuming there is no damage that would void the warranty (such as water/liquid damage)

0 Likes
Sunbonnets
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, my hand is not covering the mic.

0 Likes
Sunbonnets
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.  I did not remove the battery and the phone has never had any damage, water, etc.  My phone is less than one year old.  I'll contact Apple again and let them know the problem has not been fixed.  They are so helpful, I'll ask about the return process.  Your reply was very helpful.  Thanks again!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Oh ok. In your original post you stated that you took the battery out reset it, which is why I asked how you managed to do that. Hope Apple is able to figure out what's going on!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to hear each other on the call is pretty important Sunbonnets! Constantly cutting out would definitely be concerning. Were you able to contact Apple or visit an Apple store? Please let us know if we can still assist you with this issue.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes