Can I add an Iphone that I purchased with Telcel in Mexico to my VZW plan?
bajadreamer
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I purchase an Iphone in Mexico from Telcel, can I add that I phone to my existing VZW account?  If so what steps are needed.

Also can you clarify there is no way to have 1-Iphone and have service on both VZW and Telcel since Iphones do not use sim cards?  I know lots of people that have android devices that are dual simmed so they don't have to carry 2 phones around.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I add an Iphone that I purchased with Telcel in Mexico to my VZW plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which iPhone model are you considering? All recent iPhones have SIM card slots for activation on a network. Either way, the model needs to be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network and the other network you want to use it on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Can I add an Iphone that I purchased with Telcel in Mexico to my VZW plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important you have the right phone to meet your needs, bajadreamer. We would only be able to activate iPhones that are compatible with the Verizon network. You can check your device compatibility here, http://spr.ly/6587DqwT5. All 4G enabled iPhones use a sim card to connect to the network. You would not be able to use the same device with two different numbers. Do you currently have an iPhone with Verizon? If so, what is the make and model of the phone?

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes