Can I exchange the iPhone 5s for a different color?
jmin26024

My sister told me she bought me an iPhone 5s white/silver and verizon is having it shipped to me but the shipping info states it's the gold one. Is there a way to exchange/replace the phone for the silver/white colored one at no extra charge? It also already shipped around 2 hours ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I exchange the iPhone 5s for a different color?
Weth
Legend

Agree.

If the order says gold and you get gold but want white, you will be charged restocking fee unless you do the refuse to accept process stated above. You cannot accept the package at all, and you certainly cannot open it. Just brining in the unopened package will still bring you a restocking fee.

If the order says White and you get Gold, then you have some teeth in the argument for a no stocking fee exchange. DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE though.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

If you receive a color you did not order you should be able to exchange at no cost.  But, I'm sure they will compare the description on the order to the phone that was delivered.  If the color doesnt match the description, you'd be fine to exchange, otherwise if you received the color on the order print out, they may charge a restocking fee to exchange.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

If the phone you're getting isn't the phone that you want...and you want to try to avoid a restocking fee...just refuse the delivery.  Don't accept it and try to go the store to have it done...especially if VZW got it right and you're just wanting a different color out of preference.  Be advised that refusing the accept delivery of the phone will cause it to go back to VZW which you have to factor in time to ship it back, time for the warehouse to receive it, and time for it to be credited back to your sister.  All of this can be a long and tedious process.  Also be advised that if you do try this approach that calling, complaining, and ranting about the slow return process will not yield you any faster results.  No VZW rep online, in a store, on the phone, or via chat will be able to do anything to speed up the return process...it'll happen when it happens.  So...with that being said, is having a different color really worth it to you?  Armed with the knowledge you've gained here about the process, at least you can now make an informed decision.  Besides, most people cover the back of their device with some fancy or cute cover to protect their device so the back color is rarely seen.  Best of luck to you...

Weth
Legend

Agree.

If the order says gold and you get gold but want white, you will be charged restocking fee unless you do the refuse to accept process stated above. You cannot accept the package at all, and you certainly cannot open it. Just brining in the unopened package will still bring you a restocking fee.

If the order says White and you get Gold, then you have some teeth in the argument for a no stocking fee exchange. DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE though.