Can I get out of my contract if poor service? My iphone 6S is virtually unusable.
laff66
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a LOT of stressing over providers, I finally agreed to switch to Verizon after using AT&T since cell service was available.  I figured with all the advertising saying Verizon had the best and fastest service, it would be at LEAST as good as AT&T.  This was December 2015.  Unfortunately I didn't cancel the service within the 14 days allowed, as I didn't realize how bad it was going to be.  At my office in Carrollton, I am unable to use the phone.  On at least 60-70% of calls, the callers cannot hear me, or the call drops completely.  At my home in Plano it isn't as bad, but still happens a lot.  Sending a text message often takes up to a minute or two, or it fails to send completely.

PLEASE PLEASE let me out of my contract!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Can I get out of my contract if poor service? My iphone 6S is virtually unusable.
Weth
Legend

It would be very unlikely Verizon would let you out of your contract if you have not moved. Have you tried wifi calling? Make sure your iPhone 6S is on the latest iOS version 9.3.1. Then go to Settings/Phone and turn on wifi calling. For this to work seamlessly, you should have Settings/Cellular/Cellular Data options Enable LTE set to Voice & Data. Now if you have wifi at home, and wifi at work that doesn't block the ports needed you will have good access in those areas. There is also a network extender that can be purchased.

In rare, rare, rare circumstances has Verizon let someone out of his or her contract, and it is a long drawn out process including trying the items above.

Re: Can I get out of my contract if poor service? My iphone 6S is virtually unusable.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You had 14 days and service is not guaranteed indoors and no cell carrier will claim such. You can still get out of your service tho! As long as you foot the bill.

Hena210
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hena210,

I want you to be able to enjoy your device and services. Help is here. What zip code are you in? Are you having troubles with voice, text, or data?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes