Can I revert to a previous "carrier update" on my 6+? things are worse since updating.
robble808
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't say for sure the carrier update caused the problem but the timing fits.

My phone has worse reception after the carrier update a few weeks ago. Can I "downgrade" to the old one? Seriously, I have fewer bars in the same areas as before and I now often have people say they have a hard time hearing me like there is a bad a connection. This never happened before the carrier update and now it happens fairly frequently.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I revert to a previous "carrier update" on my 6+? things are worse since updating.
robble808
Enthusiast - Level 1

I should also mention that I have tried several types of resets including network reset and clean wipe and reinstall ofthe phone.  still have the 18.1 carrier settings though. still often have a bad connection where it used to be good.

0 Likes
Re: Can I revert to a previous "carrier update" on my 6+? things are worse since updating.
Snn5
Legend

Not if you want to keep your warranty.  In other words, no you cannot go back.

0 Likes
robble808
Enthusiast - Level 1

and what if I cared more about my phone having good reception more than a

warranty?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Then I could not tell you anything else according to forum rules.  And, if that's the case, and you didn't already know, then you should probably not try.

robble808
Enthusiast - Level 1

tried to send pm. said i could not unless you follow me

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, and I believe you'd ask me how to do the unmentionable things, for which I cannot do.

0 Likes
robble808
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd never ask anyone to break the rules while on a forum...

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

It's a process that could potentially leave you with an expensive brick...'nuff said. 

robble808
Enthusiast - Level 1

I doubt bricking is why verizon has a chokehold on firmware.  bricks mean more sales.

0 Likes