Can I start new Verizon Service w/ a Unlocked iPhone plus A1524 that came unlocked straight out of the Apple Store.
martinr82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought a A1524 6 plus model that is Factory unlocked from Apple Store. The one that comes w/ no SIM card. I know that it works on Verizon network, but I was wondering if I could setup new service w/ this phone. Will the IMEI number be on Verizon's list. I do not have the number on me right now.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I start new Verizon Service w/ a Unlocked iPhone plus A1524 that came unlocked straight out of the Apple Store.
mama23dogs
Legend

You can set up verizon service.  Please run the number through Verizon's compatibility to see if they have white listed the phone.  If they have you can get the out of contract discount.

ATT does give the discount for this phone.

Re: Can I start new Verizon Service w/ a Unlocked iPhone plus A1524 that came unlocked straight out of the Apple Store.
Weth
Legend

The unlocked SIM-free iPhone 6 and 6 Plus directly from Apple have been on Verizon's white list and activating without problem.

martinr82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Awesome. Makes it easier and better if the phone is registered in their data base. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
pwvzw15

HI Weth, I have an iPhone 6 Plus model A1524 from the Apple Store. When I insert the SIM card the top left corner of the screen will say Verizon Lte for 10 seconds or so, then switch to no service. I've contacted Verizon customer service 3 times with no progress. Can you give an idea about how to fix this or direct me on what to ask when I contact customer service? The phone does show its compatible when I enter the IEMI number. Please help me if you can. Thank you very much.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to have a working phone Peter. While we can only guarantee service compatibility with phones specifically made for our network, we’ll be happy to explore ways to resolve this issue if possible. You indicate contacting our customer service team 3 times, what specific troubleshooting steps have you done with them? Have you tried a different Verizon Wireless SIM card? If you have not tried a different SIM card, please stop by any Verizon Wireless corporate store and try another SIM card. Enter your ZIP code at this link for a store near you: vzw.com/StoreLocator

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IS the SIM card an active SIM card?  It seems it is not, or is damaged.

0 Likes
pwvzw15

The iPhone was activated at a Verizon corporate store. I left to go home and it continued to display no service after 10 seconds of "Verizon Lte" upon reboot. I must have rebooted it like 25 times with the same result. So far I have gone back to get a new SIM card, reset network settings, and did factory reset of the device. Also went under carrier settings and chose "Verizon". I will call customer care again  tomorrow but if anyone has ideas. It would be appreciated. Please note,  according to verizonwireless.com my phone is compatible. i checked before i went to activate my phone at the store. Also the reps I've talked to so far have been very pleasant to deal with. I am happy about that. Phone is iPhone 6 Plus model A1524 sim free from the Apple Store. Thank you

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IM stumped.   There is no reason for it not to work.

Are you a new customer? 

0 Likes
pwvzw15

Yes I am a new customer.. I'm grateful for any advice you may have.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes