Can I transfer data from an iPhone that won't turn on?
joyceplante123
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I recently dropped my iPhone in water and now it doesn't turn on at all. And on top of that my iPhone didn't get backed up to itunes anytime prior to this accident. Is there any way the data (contacts, pictures, etc...) Can be transfered to the new iphone that I'm about to get this month? I have really important contact numbers that I need to get off my old phone because I can't find these numbers anywhere else.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone data transfer ?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately if you don't have your phone backed up in iTunes or iCloud (or using any other methods to sync your contacts such as Outlook on your computer or others) then no, you won't be able to retrieve your data. It's possible that your iPhone will start to function somewhat after it has dried out some but of it's fried for good then you're likely out of luck. Hope you are able to retrieve it somehow.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The best answer I can give is maybe.  Search the Internet for data recovery information on water damaged iPhone.

with so many different options to back up iPhone data, are you sure your phone isn't backed up or synced with iCloud, Verizon cloud or Google?

You can check all three online....

joyceplante123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'll try that. Thank you

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately if you don't have your phone backed up in iTunes or iCloud (or using any other methods to sync your contacts such as Outlook on your computer or others) then no, you won't be able to retrieve your data. It's possible that your iPhone will start to function somewhat after it has dried out some but of it's fried for good then you're likely out of luck. Hope you are able to retrieve it somehow.

0 Likes