Can an Apple AirPort Extreme be used as a router with the SmartHub?
KURKEL36

I purchased a SmartHub hoping I could use it as a modem and continue to use my Apple Extreme as the WiFi router. But seems that the SmartHub Ethernet jack is an Input not an Output. I did finally get the SmartHub to recognize the Extreme by it will not send an internet signal to it.

Is is there a way to change to Ethernet jack to be an output to the Airport Extreme?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can an Apple AirPort Extreme be used as a router with the SmartHub?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KURKEL36, you have some great equipment there. We understand that you wish to have these working together. While the SmartHub does have the output Ethernet port, the Extreme is not a compatible device for your SmartHub. I hope this helps to explain.

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KURKEL36

Loren,

What router is compatible?

Thanks

Kurt

[removed]

Personal information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KURKEL36

Great question, here is a link to the SmartHub FAQs https://vz.to/2kkPVhC see # 6 under top questions.

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KURKEL36

Edward,

This does not answer the question.

Do any routers, connected to the Ethernet jack, work with the SmartHub?

Kurt

[removed]

Personal information removed to comply with the  Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KURKEL36, I will help clear up the details in regards to your SmartHub device and using any other external devices. Unlike traditional Internet Service Providers, our internet devices are not compatible with any Wi-Fi Routers or to boost the connection from the SmartHub device itself. Our Internet devices are standalone and the LAN jack exists for the sole purpose of making a wired internet connection the the SmartHub. 

I hope this helps clear up the details. If you have any other questions about compatability, you can reference our SmartHub support page at the link provided. http://spr.ly/6584D9n86

AlanS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes