Can anyone explain high data usage in Media & Entertainment sub category?
couponemail
Enthusiast - Level 1

My data use is unusually high in this subcategory. The information link says that this category includes apps like "Fandango and Ticketmaster". I don't have/use either of these apps so I'm looking for suggestions as to what else could be running that is eating up my data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can anyone explain high data usage in Media & Entertainment sub category?
rcschnoor
Legend

If you don't normally reset your data counter on a regular basis, your settings will simply give you the amount of data used since you got your phone.

Open up your settings, then cellular.

As you scroll down, you will see apps which can use cellular and an amount listed under each one. That is how much data that app has used since the last time you reset your statistics. If you have never reset, then it will tell you how much it has used in total since you got the phone.

If you scroll down to the bottom, you will see an option to "Reset Statistics". This will zero out the data on all of your apps and start from scratch. You will then be able to see how much data each of your apps is currently using going forward.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm not sure about on iPhone, but on android you can actually look at your data usage broken down by app and not sub-categories. Are you looking directly at apps and on your iPhone?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If you don't normally reset your data counter on a regular basis, your settings will simply give you the amount of data used since you got your phone.

Open up your settings, then cellular.

As you scroll down, you will see apps which can use cellular and an amount listed under each one. That is how much data that app has used since the last time you reset your statistics. If you have never reset, then it will tell you how much it has used in total since you got the phone.

If you scroll down to the bottom, you will see an option to "Reset Statistics". This will zero out the data on all of your apps and start from scratch. You will then be able to see how much data each of your apps is currently using going forward.

0 Likes