Can cellular data limits be set on the iPhone 5s?
kate13

One of our phones is a Samsung Galaxy that has a setting we can set to limit the amount of data used by the phone. Once the limit is reached the phone automatically allows data usage only when connected via wifi.. This way we can ensure we don't exceed our data plan. Does the iPhone 5s have a similar setting?

Thanks for your feedback.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can cellular data limits be set on the iPhone 5s?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Excellent question kate13! While the iPhone 5S does not have a feature to limit data usage like your Android phone has, you can set data limits with our FamilyBase feature! See details at this link http://vz.to/18Yd9ju

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Excellent question kate13! While the iPhone 5S does not have a feature to limit data usage like your Android phone has, you can set data limits with our FamilyBase feature! See details at this link http://vz.to/18Yd9ju

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
muvotx
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think the iPhone 5 series can do that... one of the reasons I switched over to an Android phone when my 5C contract expired.

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

You can also use "Restrictions" in Settings. You restrict features, apps etc with a passcode. This is popular to use with kids.

0 Likes
saxy46

So in other words, the Android phone had the feature for free built in, but if I want to do it with my iPhone, I have to spend $4.99 a month for the FamilyBase plan, even though I'm the only user? That seems a little bit crazy to me that there isn't a way to stop all data once it reaches the limit and it automatically will go over and get charged.

0 Likes