Can't call or text a specific contact; can't get messages from them either
sr_wat_is_happenin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently noticed an issue with a contact of mine that I could not send texts or calls; I also did not receive any from the other person. I have an 5s and they have a 6 (not sure which type). We both also have verizon.

On texting:

I have tried both as an sms and as an Imessage; doesn't even say delivered

Calling:

get an error message from verizon telling me the number is probably wrong (blah...) with an announcement of 2 switch 21-21

Facetime:

just rings

Been using other apps to communicate to each other and try to troubleshoot this, however I am even starting to have issues with other apps not working properly (although that is probably attributed to a different network issue?). I have tried all of the apple solutions posted from theirs but the annoucement makes me think its a verizon issue and not a phone related issue. Logically, if i had the wrong number i would get an error if i called but they had my number and confirmed it with me and i didn't get anything from them when they called.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't call or text a specific contact; can't get messages from them either
JohnR2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had issues in the past with messaging my wife. I have an iPhone 5S and She has a 5C. sometimes our messages won't go through to each other for whatever reason. I have even seen it where it says delivered on her phone but I received nothing. Needless to say this has caused several an argument! It doesn't seem to be tied to a time or type of place, just random.

0 Likes
sr_wat_is_happenin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where you able to fix it?

JohnR2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately it still happens every now and then. So technically no actual resolution on my end.

0 Likes