Can't receive text from non iPhones
SunshineNapplesauce

My iPhone 6 started last week not receiving text from non iPhones. I have tried restarting it. Still no text. All iPhone text come in fine, but no one on other phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive text from non iPhones
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SunshineNapplesauce,

Text messages are very important to me so I can understand how concerning it is to not be getting all of them on your device at this time. We would love to look into this for you so that we can get you back on track. When did this issue start? What happens when you try to send a text to a non-iPhone user?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DJB410

When I send a text to non Iphone it says not delivered.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DJB410 We want you to have the best texting experience possible. Is the  non iPhone user able to send you a text?

SheritaHaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DJB410

Yes. I have an IPhone. It is my husband. He has the exact same Iphone as I do. He cannot send or receive texts from non IPhone users. I have no problem.. As far as I can see, the phones are set up the same.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Do you have "send as SMS" turned on in the messages settings?

0 Likes
knowasark

I have send as SMS turned on and have the same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with receiving a text message from a non-iPhone, knowasark. We certainly want you to not miss any text messages and we're happy to help figure this out. Have you tried restarting the phone? Are you using the default messaging app or something else? What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your current location? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
wadeowen307
Contributor - Level 1

@DJB410, it is possible that your husband has a service block turned on which prevents him from sending and receiving SMS/MMS messages. iMessage is not affected because it uses your data plan, not your messaging plan. That being said, if your account is set up for online use through the My Verizon app or the My Verizon website, you might want to consider checking the service blocks page. Here is the link: https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/ui/acct/secure/blocks#/ If you do not have your account set up for online use through My Verizon, you might want to call the Verizon Wireless Customer Service phone number at *611 from your cell phone.

0 Likes
knowasark

Restarted several times, does not resolve. Default app, whatever is on the phone for text and IM's hasn't been changed. Post Rd. and Elm St @ 02888 zip

0 Likes