Can't send bill through Gmail on iOS
Krugster

I discovered that when trying to use Gmail to send/share a PDF bill from the iOS app, the attachment does not get created correctly and the bill is not sent.

This works properly when using the native Mail application, but not through Gmail.

Is this a known issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send bill through Gmail on iOS
Tidbits
Legend

Didn't have an iPhone 5 but had 6 and 6+. They worked but not all the time. I still want to say it's the Google app since it works 100% of the time with the stock app. If it was the Verizon app itself then it should have the same problem regardless of what app is used.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You are going to have to send a bug report to Google(they wrote the application). They may not be aware of it.

0 Likes
Krugster

How can we determine if the Verizon app is doing it correctly?  I've attached other things through Gmail so I suspect it's not on their end...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It can't be Verizon. Google wrote the app in question. You can send Google a bug report through their app.

0 Likes
Krugster

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

From within the Verizon iOS app, I am viewing my PDF bill.  I then click on the "share" button at the top and am presented with a choice to attach the PDF to an email either through the Mail app or the Gmail app.  When choosing Mail, it works properly.  When choosing Gmail, it does not.

I completely understand that Google has written this integration, but it is the Verizon app that is leveraging it and I want to confirm whether it is doing so correctly or not since other usage of the same Gmail integration works properly.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I will give it a try on one of my phones. If possible what phone are you using and if I don't have it at home I will try and see if we have it at work. (I don't work for Verizon).

0 Likes
Krugster

Thank you!  I'm on an iPhone 5 with the latest OS version and latest Gmail and Verizon apps.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

OK give me about an hour as I will be at the office. I will let you know my findings.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Didn't have an iPhone 5 but had 6 and 6+. They worked but not all the time. I still want to say it's the Google app since it works 100% of the time with the stock app. If it was the Verizon app itself then it should have the same problem regardless of what app is used.

0 Likes