Can't send messages to a contact
velais
Enthusiast - Level 1

Beginning about a week ago, one of my friends cannot receive any of my texts. We can both call each other, it works fine. He can send me a text and I do receive it. If I attempt sending him a text it looks like it went through but he never receives it. If I try to send a picture I get a failed to send message. I have tried Deleting his contact and texting by typing in the number, Adding a 1 in front of his number to be a full 10 digits, removing the 1 and just texting his 9 digits,  deleting all previous thread conversations with him.Re-adding him as a contact, reviewed our account, no blocking on either phones .Called Verizon tech support, they said it must be his phone that can't receive texts but he can get other peoples text .Factory re-set my phone. NOTHING works. This is not acceptable. I'm not going to continue using a phone that won't allow me to text one person. He can get other people's texts and I've seen his online account, there are no blocks on me. Please advise what I need to fix this. I already talked to VZ Tech Support, they had ZERO suggestions except to say "it must be his phone because if you couldn't send texts then you wouldn't be able to send them to anyone".

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send messages to a contact
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

velais,

Thank you so much for the great details on the steps that you have tried. I can understand how this is unacceptable. Let's take a closer look at this issue for you. Do you both use an iPhone? If so, what iPhone do you currently have? Are you using the normal text message application on the device or are you using a 3rd party application that is from the app store? Please keep us up to date on this. I hope to hear from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Saavik3110

I'm having the same issue. My boyfriend cannot receive any pictures I send him. He has had three different phones and gone to a different carrier and still we have the same issue. Other people receive my pictures fine. He receives other people's pictures fine. Please help.

Neither of us have ever had an iPhone. He has a windows phone. I have an android.

Laura

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Picture messaging is such a fun feature that I use daily and can understand the importance of working at all times, Saavik3110. Let’s take a closer look into what’s going on. Does your boyfriend currently have Verizon service? Are you able to receive pictures from him? Does your phone show the message was delivered? 

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes