Can you use an Apple Iphone 5 on an existing prepaid account?
sweetthang16_2004

Right now, I have a basic phone and an Apple Ipod 5th gen.  I want to buy an Apple Iphone 5 on ebay and use it on my existing prepaid account.  Is this possible?

I know that I will have to change plans and pay more but that's fine with me.

So I guess the questions I need help answering are:

1.)  Can you use a preowned Apple Iphone 5 on an exisiting prepaid account?

2.)  Do I need to buy a SIM card for the iphone before or after I add it to my account?  (my basic phone doesnt have a sim card)

3.)  If I am able to use the iphone, is there a plan where I only use the data when I'm around wifi but I will still be able to make calls and text??

*Sorry if the questions seem dumb. I've never owned an Iphone but i have had several ipods.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can you use an Apple Iphone 5 on an existing prepaid account?
Weth
Legend

sweetthang16_2004 wrote:

Right now, I have a basic phone and an Apple Ipod 5th gen. I want to buy an Apple Iphone 5 on ebay and use it on my existing prepaid account. Is this possible?

I know that I will have to change plans and pay more but that's fine with me.

So I guess the questions I need help answering are:

1.) Can you use a preowned Apple Iphone 5 on an exisiting prepaid account?

2.) Do I need to buy a SIM card for the iphone before or after I add it to my account? (my basic phone doesnt have a sim card)

3.) If I am able to use the iphone, is there a plan where I only use the data when I'm around wifi but I will still be able to make calls and text??

*Sorry if the questions seem dumb. I've never owned an Iphone but i have had several ipods.

1.) Can you use a preowned Apple Iphone 5 on an exisiting prepaid account?

yes.  You must make sure it is a Verizon iPhone 5 and has clean IMEI. Not any iPhone 5 will work. BE CAREFUL!

2.) Do I need to buy a SIM card for the iphone before or after I add it to my account? (my basic phone doesnt have a sim card)

You need a SIM to activate and add the iPhone 5 to your account.

3.) If I am able to use the iphone, is there a plan where I only use the data when I'm around wifi but I will still be able to make calls and text??

yes, there is a $30 per month wifi only plan with unlimited calls and text.  Make sure you turn iMessages off with this type of an account and use only SMS text messages so you don't miss anything. 

0 Likes