jcrook
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cannot update to ios 9.1, errors occur.  Please help

Labels (1)
Re: Cannot download and finish an update to ios 9.1. Error keeps occurring
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you trying to do an OTA Update through the Settings app, or are you trying to apply the updates using iTunes?

Try using iTunes from a computer to update the phone if you're not already. Needs less free space and is often a bit more reliable.

0 Likes
jcrook
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, tried through iTunes several times but errors occur also.  Even tried to restore it but errors!! Ugghh...

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

What is the error? Typically if you search the exact error you will come across an article that Apple Support addresses and may give you steps to fix the issue. But first identify the error that you're receiving.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try putting your phone into DFU (recovery) mode and then do and update through there. Make sure to back up your phone first using iCloud or iTunes, just in case you hit the "Restore" option rather than the "Update" button.

I would also reinstall iTunes first before doing this, and making sure the phone is able to be synced. It proves that the connection to the phone is good.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jcrook, I want your device updated. I want you to be able to take advantage of the new software for the device. Were you able to do a recovery mode as suggested by Smith6612. Have you tried a different computer and does it give the same error?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes