Cannot get WiFi calling to work on iPhone 6s
Doc_S
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in an area with fair Verizon coverage, but in my neighborhood it's spotty.  I'm a physician and I need to get calls from the hospital at night, but I can't get a signal sometimes in my bedroom.  A few months ago, I solved the problem by using WiFi calling.

A few weeks ago, after upgrading to iOS 12, WiFi calling stopped working at my house.  I've tried every trick I can find (airplane mode, turn WiFi back on, turn WiFi calling back on, etc..) and I spent a lot of time with VZW support who checked everything from their end and recommended resetting my network and then resetting everything (which was very annoying).  Nothing has worked.

Strangely, I found that I could get WiFi calling to come on when I was at my hospital!  So the function can work, just not in my house..?  I've reset the modem and both of my routers with no luck.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks very much!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot get WiFi calling to work on iPhone 6s
Doc_S
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved:  contacted Apple because I hadn't heard anything through Verizon yet.

They suggested updating the firmware on my routers (I have two) and it worked!

My wife's identical phone was working with the old firmware, but she hadn't updated to iOS 12 yet.

Apparently iOS 12 must require something in the new router firmware.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cannot get WiFi calling to work on iPhone 6s
Doc_S
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved:  contacted Apple because I hadn't heard anything through Verizon yet.

They suggested updating the firmware on my routers (I have two) and it worked!

My wife's identical phone was working with the old firmware, but she hadn't updated to iOS 12 yet.

Apparently iOS 12 must require something in the new router firmware.

0 Likes