Cellular Continuity over LTE?
jcwells88

Will Verizon be enabling Cellular Continuity over LTE, like what T-Mobile does for their users?

Here's a link to what this is...Continuity over cellular will allow remote answering of phone calls, texts in iOS 9

Basically you get the ability to answer calls on any device tied to your iTunes account no matter if the device is on the same wifi network or not. Seems like this should be something Big Red could do without to much issue.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cellular Continuity over LTE?
Weth
Legend

Verizon Message + already does this.   I just had my iPhone and iPad not on same wifi network and both iPhone and iPad rang.  Text messages come to both.  You would need to turn off iMessages. 

Message+ by Verizon Wireless

https://appsto.re/us/K7TcL.i

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Verizon Message + already does this.   I just had my iPhone and iPad not on same wifi network and both iPhone and iPad rang.  Text messages come to both.  You would need to turn off iMessages. 

Message+ by Verizon Wireless

https://appsto.re/us/K7TcL.i

0 Likes
jcwells88

Why do I need to disable iMessage?

Would rather Verizon just enable the feature that is built in to the OS, instead of forcing users to use their app.

Is the Verizon Message app encrypted like iMessage?

I will download and play with the app, but I won't be disabling iMessage.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You don't need to disable iMessage, but be aware only SMS and MMS messages will go to the Message+ app, and iMessages (with SMS and MMS messages too) will only go to the Apple Message app, since those are handled by Apple. 

The message part of the continuity works with Apple now in the Apple app without being on the same wifi. 

I am not sure on the level of encryption of the app, but SMS messages are less secure than iMessages. 

I have the the app and use it only for the calling feature when my iPad and iPhone are separated for some reason (usually because I left my phone somewhere). I did keep iMessages active also

0 Likes