Cellular data error message
Bear001

I keep getting a "could not activate cellular data message" when I have my LTE off or am not connected to wifi. My Cellular data is on, but will only work if I turn on LTE which uses up my data faster. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cellular data error message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No problem. We just want to get this figured out for you. The iPhone just got an update a few days ago (6/30/2015). Please check your software version

From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > General > About

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bear001,

We want you to have the lighting speed service you deserve. When did this start happening? Does this happen everywhere or just one location? Are your other services working okay?

KarenC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bear001

Thank you! It started happening yesterday. All of my settings have been changed, my iMessages won't "connect." As far as my data goes, it's happening anywhere, I can still send texts but it is very slow and I won't receive all if its on 3G. I also can't connect to safari unless my LTE is on which has never happened before. So I have to be connected to wifi or have my LTE on.

I hope that is clear.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bear001,

Thank you for the quick response, let's solve this mystery. When you turn off your LTE do you see 3G or 1X? The reason I ask is due to 1X being the slowest data speeds you will get so loading pages or even opening emails will be extremely slow. Do you experience issues with emails or other applications?  Also, what steps are you taking to turn off LTE? The proper steps would be settings, cellular, enable LTE, OFF.

KarenC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bear001

The majority of the time it's the 3G and occasionally the 1x. My biggest issue with with apps, emails, and Safari. As far as turning the LTE off and on I do the process that you described.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the details!

We never want you to have these errors. Did this start after a software update? What model iPhone do you have? Let's check the area. What zip code are you in?

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bear001

Thank you! I don't recall doing an update and my phone is updated to the latest version. I have an iPhone 6 and my zip code is 85282.

Thank you again for all your help.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No problem. We just want to get this figured out for you. The iPhone just got an update a few days ago (6/30/2015). Please check your software version

From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > General > About

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bear001

Okay I see it! Is there anything I can do to go back to my old settings?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are made to enhance your phone. There is not a way to go back to your old software and keep it there. Please make sure back up your phone.

AllisonC_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes