Certain wifi unable to recognize
groober
Enthusiast - Level 3

My iPhone 6s connects to my home wifi and xfinitywifi without issue. However, it will not recognize a previously connected wifi even though those around me connect with no problem.

Tried resetting network settings, toggled wifi on and off, rebooted etc.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Certain wifi unable to recognize
groober
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem resolved. The problem appears to rest with the router. Only new phones were affected. My iPhone 6s, another iPhone 6s and a Samsung S6 Edge.

Anyway, sorry for the false alarm.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Using WIFI is crucial to keeping your data allowance in check, groober. Let's get to the bottom of this issue. To clarify, when you connect to your home network, and you leave the WIFI area, it won't reconnect automatically when you return?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
groober
Enthusiast - Level 3

It connects automatically to my home password protected network. When I leave, it connects automatically to the xfinity network. When I go to a place I've previously connected to without issue, it fails to recognize a wifi network everyone else is connected to, some with an iPhone.

0 Likes
groober
Enthusiast - Level 3

Problem resolved. The problem appears to rest with the router. Only new phones were affected. My iPhone 6s, another iPhone 6s and a Samsung S6 Edge.

Anyway, sorry for the false alarm.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, groober. We're happy to hear your new phone is working on all WIFI again. Thank you for keeping us posted.

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes