Changing Devices while still receiving trade in credits
Bricy

Hi, I just want to ask, if I am currently receiving device credits on my current account and decide to change to a different phone, will that affect the device credits I am currently receiving?

Current set-up:

iPhone 13 pro with 13 monthly bills left

Change into:

Different phone (continue paying the remaining 13 monthly bills)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changing Devices while still receiving trade in credits
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Bricy! Thanks for using our community forums! We certainly don't want you to lose your promotion! In most cases, no, changing the phone would not lose the credit. We would like to review your promotion specifically though as there are some cases where changing the device does impact the credit. Please send us a Private Note.

-Nikki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, Bricy! Thanks for using our community forums! We certainly don't want you to lose your promotion! In most cases, no, changing the phone would not lose the credit. We would like to review your promotion specifically though as there are some cases where changing the device does impact the credit. Please send us a Private Note.

-Nikki

0 Likes
Gilly29

I’ve delt with this and still dealing with it. If you upgrade or buy a new phone outright while you still owe on another phone you will lose the promotional credit and have to pay off what ever you still owe on the old phone.

0 Likes
BobT3
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the answer I received from Jacob with Verizon Customer Support after he researched it for me.  My question was about an outright purchase of an iPhone directly from Apple and putting it on an existing line that has a device payment agreement with Verizon and is still getting a trade in promotion credit each month.

"As long as you are buying the phone without a device payment agreement from Apple, you would not lose the $xx.xx trade in promotion you are receiving on your line. You just can't cancel the line or upgrade until the device payment agreement ends. Does this provide clarity? -Jacob"