Cloud Recover not getting phone contacts
Catfancy

Help! Just moved from an Android phone to a 6. Trying to restore my settings from the cloud. Got my photos, but NOT My contacts! When I go to the Verizon Cloud app, and try to manually get my contacts, it says I need to sync my phone (no instructions how to do that).

What do I do now?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cloud Recover not getting phone contacts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Catfancy,

Congrats on your new phone! Let's get you your contacts back. When you are in the Cloud App, you may go to the Menu (3 bars in upper corner) -> Tools -> Content Restore. You should be able to get everything back on your phone then. I do recommend making sure  your phone is connected to WiFi when doing.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Cloud Recover not getting phone contacts
Catfancy

Gee, thanks, Christina for this advice. Unfortunately, it didn’t work on Wednesday when I first tried it, nor on any of the multiple times I tried it on Thursday. I get a message “Perform a sync to check for Contacts in the Cloud.” When I try. I spent almost 1.5 hours with tech support last night, which is why it wound up with you.

I have SOME of my contacts, about 1/3 of them. But, no one who was in any “group” including my favorites. I have spent the past few hours, manually entering my favorite people back from the on-line version.

BTW, if you didn’t figure it out, yet, your message to me was insulting. You OBVIOUSLY didn’t bother to read any of the support reports, or you wouldn’t have wasted your time, nor mine, with your trite response.

An UNHAPPY customer,

Marla Baer-Peckham

0 Likes